Valued Contributor

Do You Have An Older Purchase From QVC That You Would Not Part With?

[ Edited ]

Many yeas ago, I bought a gorgeous, full length, Linea boucle black coat from QVC. It is still my favorite coat, and it looks like it is new. I love the loopy fabric, and I get compliments on the coat every single time I wear it. I wish there were more designers like Louis Dell'Olio. Yes, a lot of sherpa and other fabrics are used by the current QVC designers for their coats, but sometimes the fabrics seem somewhat inferior to fabrics used years ago. I am going to hold onto my Linea purchases. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Have An Older Purchase From QVC That You Would Not Part With?

Agree.  All my Linea purchases, and my Barbara Bixby jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

Believe it or not, I have a Denim & Co. velvet big shirt that is stunning and so well made. That was 20 years ago; it still fits and I won't part with it. The fabrics and workmanship was soooooo different back then. You are right about everything being a polyester sherpa now. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jeanne from VA  Yes, I have a leopard coat that I bought in 93 or 94 from Dennis Basso. I still wear it. I just can't part with it. It is perfect. Excellent quality.

Of course I have bought many coats over the years. LOL. I just love this one so much. I get where you're coming from. When you love something, you love something.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I have two Louis Linea jean style jackets that are beautifully made of top quality fabric that is colorful and not denim. One is yellow with gold signature buttons. The other is turquoise, and I plan to keep them forever.

The funniest item I have from years past is a Dennis Basso faux fur coat. I was looking at it on line while it was being shown. While I was deciding on a size and color, I clicked that choice to see if it was available. I must have done a quick buy or something, and I had bought it on easy pay without intending to make the purchase. I thought it was meant to be. When it arrived I could not have been more pleased. It will always be a valued part of my winter wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too many to name. High quality, timeless, long lasting clothing and beautiful home decor. Lots of specialized products for the home. 18K yellow gold pieces. Original formula of CZ in all types of jewelry that still look like new. Kitchen items. More. Older items were not toss out items. 

Valued Contributor

My Fenton pieces. I still enjoy looking at them in my curio. I was sad when they went out of business (after being in business 100 years).

Esteemed Contributor

A Tiffany-style lamp.  I love it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would never part with the Tacori Diamonique jewelry I bought for myself and three of my daughters. We all still wear them, they still look like new, are believable, and we all still get compliments on them. Was so sorry to see Tacori leave. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have a Tiffany style lamp from QVC; bought it many years ago and I think the style of the shade was water lily..beautiful, heavy base. Socket just stopped working so need to get it fixed asap as I use it every day.