Honored Contributor

Re: Discussion period closed?

QVC should have known he'd be controversial. If they didn't want discussion, they shouldn't have hired him. The last I saw of the thread it wasn't inflammatory.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 7/10/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 7/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

Can one person "reporting" get a thread deleted or does it take several people?

No poster/posters can get a thread deleted just by clicking the "Report Inappropriate." The feature merely alerts the moderator to review the thread/post. (Exception might be a removal after someone contacts QVC to ask that their own post or thread be removed.)

It's the moderator who makes the decision. And according to the standards:

"REPORTING ABUSE: A Community participant's excessive use of the ''Report Abuse'' function to report other Community participants without cause may result in the participant being banned from further participation in the QVC Community."

Thanks a bunch, this is very helpful.

One person came into a thread I was on and got abusive I did not report her but shortly after she came on, the thread was deleted. Must have made a lot of people mad enough to report.

You're welcome, golfcartrider.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 7/10/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 7/8/2014 Nikalette said: They closed the Alberti thread, thank goodness. I was hoping for that, I actually posted a few "ironic" messages to more quickly put an end to it. Bugging the dark side can bring a moderator. Also a good way is to put a request in the suggestion box. The mod seems to read that one regularly, while the sheer volume might make it take a while to shut down ugly threads quickly.

Curiosity is killing me....what happened in the Alberti thread?? People criticizing him for selling purses?? That's the only presentation I saw with him Smiley Happy

People criticizing him for a lot more than selling purses, unfortunately.......{#emotions_dlg.sad}

You're correct, kittymomNC.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

On 7/10/2014 kachina624 said: QVC should have known he'd be controversial. If they didn't want discussion, they shouldn't have hired him. The last I saw of the thread it wasn't inflammatory.

I have absolutely nothing against him. I don't even know what other products he presents. As I said I saw him once - I'm not on QVC much, but wow -- whose "brilliant" idea was it to have a male presenter selling handbags for women???? Seems a bit odd. Kind of like Peter Dooney designing handbags....with short straps and poor organization - another proof that you need a woman's help....at least do it in a team! Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I see nothing wrong with a man presenting a woman's handbag just as I see nothing wrong with a woman presenting a man's wallet, watch or even underwear.

Men know what they like on women and women know what they like on men.

From what I have seen of Alberti he is much better than some of the over the top singing look at me women.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 kachina624 said: QVC should have known he'd be controversial. If they didn't want discussion, they shouldn't have hired him. The last I saw of the thread it wasn't inflammatory.

I have absolutely nothing against him. I don't even know what other products he presents. As I said I saw him once - I'm not on QVC much, but wow -- whose "brilliant" idea was it to have a male presenter selling handbags for women???? Seems a bit odd. Kind of like Peter Dooney designing handbags....with short straps and poor organization - another proof that you need a woman's help....at least do it in a team! Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

Oh, my, tough_kitty, I know you didn't mean this to be funny, but I had to laugh. You say this as if his line has not been wildly successful for so many years.

And I bet he does have quite a team.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

On 7/11/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Oh, my, tough_kitty, I know you didn't mean this to be funny, but I had to laugh. You say this as if his line has not been wildly successful for so many years.

Well, there was a second part of this sentence, in case you missed it.... obviously he is successful, but he doesn't seem to care about women's concerns and requests re: his bags...

Valued Contributor

D&B marketing strategies are lacking, so not sure how successful he is.... his bags are only sold on QVC, and in the outlets and just a few at retail stores like macys where I never even noticed them before....

Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 tough_kitty said:

D&B marketing strategies are lacking, so not sure how successful he is.... his bags are only sold on QVC, and in the outlets and just a few at retail stores like macys where I never even noticed them before....

I understand what you said about what you consider to be design flaws. I happen to agree, at least with the short straps. I also am not drawn to such structured bags.

My point, though, was that the company has been very successful over the last 40+ years despite its not being very attractive to me personally. BTW, Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor carries them; maybe other department stores as well. They also have freestanding boutiques all over the country.

But back to the original point, I just don't think that what you and I may consider to be design "flaws" are due to the fact that a man started the company.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I made a thread one time and it got deleted because there was too much arguing and such. I've seen a few threads that get to stay up, but you can't post on it anymore. And then there are some threads that aren't deleted, and you can still comment on it, but some of the replies are deleted. Not sure how the QVC staff decides what stays and what goes.

Off topic, I really like Alberti and I think he's doing a fine job. He can sell whatever he wants and it wouldn't bother me.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder