Honored Contributor

Discounted and/or Featured prices

[ Edited ]

Recently I noticed on Isaac's show there were two items being shown . . . one was "discounted" as it was a clearance item, and one was "featured" because it was a new item.

In both cases the original QVC price was crossed out.  However, when S&H was added to the featured or discounted prices, in one case it was two dollars less, and in another it was one dollar less than the QVC original price.

In the following show, PM Style, it was even worse.  When S&H was added to the featured price, it was exactly the same as the original QVC price.

The way to make it a real "discount" would be to charge no S&H.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Discounted and/or Featured prices

@LilacTree  They won't do that because if you purchased and then returned the item, they wouldn't be able to hold back the original shipping charge.  IMO, they should just offer REAL discounts like other shopping channels do, especially with clearance items.  It's not like their regular pricing is low to begin with.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@LilacTree  They won't do that because if you purchased and then returned the item, they wouldn't be able to hold back the original shipping charge.  IMO, they should just offer REAL discounts like other shopping channels do, especially with clearance items.  It's not like their regular pricing is low to begin with.

@2blonde

I see your point.  In that case, they really shouldn't bother.  I guess they hope no one notices.  However, most of us know simple math.  I always mentally add S&H before I buy anything, and I decide whether to buy or not depending upon that total price. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

IMO QVC is no different price wise than brick and mortar.It's really more expensive because you are paying for the convenience of them bringing the product to you. It doesn't really matter if the products are discounted or not, unless you get free s&h and returns. I don't see where the other shopping channels are that much different, if you have to pay to send an item back, there goes any discount.