Valued Contributor

Re: Disappointment in Cheryl's cookies

Whenever I see Cheryl's cookies being presented, I am astonished that anyone would purchase them. They are so expensive!  I understand that many people do not have the time to bake, but as a baker myself, I just want you to know that making cookies is not difficult at all. It is just reading a recipe!   There are hundreds of You tube demonstrations if you are a beginner.  And, it's fun and creative to bake.

Not picking on Cheryls', because I am also stunned when I see people buying a cake for $50 or $60 or even $70! 

Respected Contributor

I've never understood the appeal. They certainly don't taste like high-end or yummy homemade decadent cookies.    

Frequent Contributor

Never liked them.  I thought they were very average.  Nothing special.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Whenever I see Cheryl's cookies being presented, I am astonished that anyone would purchase them. They are so expensive!  I understand that many people do not have the time to bake, but as a baker myself, I just want you to know that making cookies is not difficult at all. It is just reading a recipe!   There are hundreds of You tube demonstrations if you are a beginner.  And, it's fun and creative to bake.

Not picking on Cheryls', because I am also stunned when I see people buying a cake for $50 or $60 or even $70! 

@65and fabulous  - I'd pay anything to avoid having to cook or bake. 

Respected Contributor

I only ordered them once from QVC and didn't care for them at all. I know many liked the icing that they put on them but I found it to be so sweet that it overpowered the flavor of the cookie.

There were a few food items that I purchased from QVC and really loved them.  When they carried the Kim & Scott's Pretzels I always purchased them.   I do still love the coffee cakes from the My Grandma's line.  I find them really tasty and they do not carry them in any stores in my area.   

The Cheryl's cookies were a big disappointment and I never had any desire to try them again.

Frequent Contributor

Today QVC had Cheryl's cookies on again telling everyone to order and get them by

Christmas.  I sure wouldn't count on that.  I just received an email today that a makeup

product I ordered on the 9th and suppose to get by the 16th is now going to be late and will receive it on 12/24.    I did not buy any Christmas presents from the Q this year just

for that reason.  Amazon (2 days), Kohl's and Macy's deliver within 7 days and I can count on them.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I purchase them to send to a friend who is stuck in a nursing home and she is not able to receive homemade food items or anything that is not sent by mail.

I Send her  Cheryl's Cookies about every 60 days. They work out well because they are individually wrapped.  She is allowed to keep them in her room.  She eats some and shares some with other patients, nurses and aids.

I have been baking for the past two weeks, so Yes, I know how to bake and I am sure my baked goods are better than Cheryl's.  Due to circumstances, this is a good choice for me.

They are expensive, but I don't mind making my friend happy.  She has been in nursing care since last December and there was a lock down in March.  That is a long time not to see someone in person ( though I did see her for a few days this summer when she was admitted to a hospital for about a week )

They might not be for everyone, but for me they are a blessing.  I appreciate the QVC prices on the cookies and thankfully, they have always been delivered on time.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

@65and fabulous  - I'd pay anything to avoid having to cook or bake. 

I'm with you @San Antonio Gal . The older I get the more I hate cooking and baking. It's such a chore. Plus, I have such a small kitchen which makes it hard.

Regular Contributor

I have had so many issues with Cheryl's cookies over the years. My mom says they are 'not fit to eat' but my dad loves them.  Sometimes they have been too hard to eat.  Sometimes there are shipping issues (the latest arrived with the end torn off the box).  After the latest incident, I decided to not order again.  I feel when you're spending that much money, it shouldn't be a ****** shoot.  

I have ordered directly through Cheryl's, not QVC, but my latest item delivery from QVC, the box was demolished.

Honored Contributor

We received some as gifts and thought they were delicious.