Contributor

Disappointment in Cheryl's cookies

I ordered cookies as a bill to/ship to to be delivered the week of 12/2. The estimated delivery was 12/6. As of this morning it is still in the "in process" stage. I've made numerous calls to customer service with no help. All they say is it's a direct ship from the company. I just checked status again and now the estimated delivery date is 12/17. What gives Cheryl's the right to change the date without notifying me. I ordered them specifically to be delivered the original delivery week.
Super Contributor

Re: Disappointment in Cheryl's cookies

I ordered the same. Shipped 12/6 and got them today which was a couple days longer than usual. It was UPS switched to USPS (sadly probably the problem) They are fine. (I sampled lol!) I wonder why your are still in process. I would call Cheryl's. Couldn't hurt. Sadly with all the problems with the Q's shipping lately, can't count on it. I get just as good offers by directlypurchasing/shipping from Cheryl's when I look carefully. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

You can  order from Cheryl's cookie company directly , bet they get them to you on time , however the  price  may vary

Super Contributor

@mrspotts wrote:
I ordered cookies as a bill to/ship to to be delivered the week of 12/2. The estimated delivery was 12/6. As of this morning it is still in the "in process" stage. I've made numerous calls to customer service with no help. All they say is it's a direct ship from the company. I just checked status again and now the estimated delivery date is 12/17. What gives Cheryl's the right to change the date without notifying me. I ordered them specifically to be delivered the original delivery week.

Thanks for posting this because it reminded me that I had ordered these back on 9/25/19 for delivery week of 12/2 also!

I just checked and mine are showing:

In Process: Arrives by 12/11/2019*

Since 12/11 is tomorrow we all know that delivery will not be happening since they haven't been shipped yet LOL.

Valued Contributor

While I like the Cheryl's cookies themselves and they are nice gifts to give my family and I have not had the best of luck with them in the deliviery part. 

Two years in a row my husband ordered from Cheryl's directly and the item never got to the recipient. Their customer service (at that time) was not good either. They never answered the phone or answered the customer emails.

So we thought that we would go thru QVC with our orders. They have been fine but once they were not delivered and were in the processing phase for about 3 weeks that the QVC customer service gave me a refund--never did receive them. 

This year I ordered from QVC for the Cheryl's cookies. They came but I was missing two and at least one was crumbs. QVC was kind to credit me some of the order due to that because they were being sent on to a number of different people. I had specifically ordered the one where you put them into individual box envelopes to have a nice presentation but with the omission of the two I had to come up with something else for a gift.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mrspotts 

It's unfortunate that the date stated is not honored.  I get that it's a busy time of year, but it's still annoying.

But, it's not just Cheryl's that has problems.

A month ago, I ordered a large cookie basket from Harry & David's for a friend in Texas.  I ordered on November 12 to be sure it got there before Thanksgiving.

Tracking showed it was still processing 10 days later.  I called and emailed and was told another shipment was going out.  Never received any confirmation.  Called again and got an "I don't know what happened" excuse.

Finally got an email saying it was delivered the day before Thanksgiving.

I sent them a note and said they needed to improve their customer communications, and that's I'd not order again.

I doubt anyone cares. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've never ordered Cheryl's Cookies (I don't happen to like them), but I have received them as gifts a few times, and there was an issue every time.  

Once there was no gift card enclosed.  I had no idea who had sent them, and their CS was completely unhelpful.  Both a rep and a supervisor asked me why I needed to know!  They said I just should just enjoy them.  Well, no.  I was raised to thank people who give me gifts, and of course I also wanted to know anyway.  I persisted, and eventually, after a ridiculous amount of time, they told me who had sent them.  But they messed up the names, so it wasn't even accurate.

Another time many of the cookies arrived crushed and were simply bags of crumbs. 

IMO the cookies are over-rated.  I don't like them at all, but even if I loved them, I would never order because of the experiences I've had with delivery and CS.

(All of these were ordered directly from Cheryl's, btw, not from QVC.)

Frequent Visitor

I have 2 orders on auto delivery that were supposed to be delivered by the 11th. Today is the 14th and they still haven't shipped. I called customer service but they couldn't help me. The really bad part is right after I called I turned on QVC and there was Cheryl's cookies selling more cookies guaranteed delivery by Christmas. They really shouldn't sell more if they can't honor the orders they already have. 

Super Contributor

Same here. I ordered three sets to be delivered last week. One arrived Saturday but the other two did not.  The tracking info. stated an error message saying the packages were "mislabeled." They have been "out there" for over a week now. I fully anticipate the cookies to be stale by now and have alerted both recipients to let me know when the eventually receive them.  I also had three other packages go MIA for a while before we were able to track them down.

I am done purchasing gifts from the Q and anyone else who uses this UPS mail innovations. It's been nothing but aggravation, esp. when purchasing perishable foods.

Super Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

You can  order from Cheryl's cookie company directly , bet they get them to you on time , however the  price  may vary

I've done that and the experience was horrible. Absoloutely no customer service. At least the Q will make things right.