Trusted Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

It seems to me, that a thirty-year show host should have looked up the date himself, in order to fully prepare for his show. Blaming someone else is unprofessional. 

@paixmcdao My thought exactly. I really dislike it when someone makes a mistake and then blames it on someone else. It's unprofessional to do that in front of others rather than privately. Actually, as you said, he should have done the research himself.

Respected Contributor

I have two calendars of different styles, not religious, and they both make note of the 1st Day of Chanukah beginning at Sundown on December 7th.

Wallah!!!

Here's another one happened today.  At the beginning of Q2 with Amy, there was a large banner on the TV which said Happy Hanukkah.  She tried 3 times to say Hanukkah, stumbled...sort of said am I saying it right?  Well, anyway, happy Hanukkah.  OMG!!  I was shocked.

So both hosts need to get some proper education IMHO.  OK, I'll shut up now. Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats  Actually, it's voila not walla. It's French pronounced incorrectly when pronouncing it as walla.

Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

Here's another one happened today.  At the beginning of Q2 with Amy, there was a large banner on the TV which said Happy Hanukkah.

For April Fool's Day?

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Host bashing is a common hobby for many here.  I think some watch just waiting for any mispronunciation of a word, any sideways glance, etc. and then race to the Q boards to unleash their criticism ad nauseum.  

Host Bashing?

This is a conversation about a host that didn’t bother to do his homework.  He used a holiday celebrated by another faith to sell.  The least he could have done was known the correct date.

This should be a teachable moment for David and every host. Do your homework!

Respected Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

I have two calendars of different styles, not religious, and they both make note of the 1st Day of Chanukah beginning at Sundown on December 7th.

Wallah!!!

Here's another one happened today.  At the beginning of Q2 with Amy, there was a large banner on the TV which said Happy Hanukkah.  She tried 3 times to say Hanukkah, stumbled...sort of said am I saying it right?  Well, anyway, happy Hanukkah.  OMG!!  I was shocked.

So both hosts need to get some proper education IMHO.  OK, I'll shut up now. Cat Sad

I think we can give a pass on pronunciation. There are words that a lot of us can’t pronounce for one reason or another.  

Honored Contributor

Spilt milk.  

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago when Kathy left the Q, they designated the Hanukkah gift show to be hosted by Lisa Mason. I can remember when the show started Lisa said that she wanted to know more about the holiday before presenting, so she and Gino went to the library and read up on Hanukkah, she definitely did her homework. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ .... I actually meant to say wallah! Cat LOL

Valued Contributor
I’m a “Tracey” too😊