Frequent Contributor

Ding dong - please make it stop!!

Please, someone at QVC, tell David Venable that his catchphrase "Ding dong! The [item] is here!" Has.officially crossed over from cute to intensely annoying. When the man latches on to a phrase, he repeats it incessantly and wears it into the ground. I'm even more tired of "Ding dong" than I am of the Yummy Face and "Happy dance!"

DAVID, The idea is to draw customers in, not alienate them.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ding dong - please make it stop!!

Super Contributor

I haven't heard that, but the "happy dance" has got to stop!!!

Respected Contributor

Hey, I like the Happy Dance!    Git it! Git It!

Esteemed Contributor

@glamwitch - I watch ITKWD almost every Sunday and Wednesday and also get a bit tired of his pet phrases, but I have never heard him say that (and I don't even know what he'd be talking about). Do you have a recent example to share?

Valued Contributor

happening for a long time now. Happy dance was put on the no watch list a long time ago unless I am in a stupid mood and need a good laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@glamwitch - I watch ITKWD almost every Sunday and Wednesday and also get a bit tired of his pet phrases, but I have never heard him say that (and I don't even know what he'd be talking about). Do you have a recent example to share?

@loriqvc ... I agree ... I never heard him say that 🙃

Honored Contributor

We all have things we continually say ad nausium to others but do not realize it.  One day at work when someone was laughing about a word or phrase some said all the time we found that we all have things we say repeatedly in conversations so we were all guilty.  

Honored Contributor

Agree with @Pook .  Oftetimes, people will say a phrase or word excessively without realizing it's excessive.  However, the happy dance has worn out it's welcome - imo.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard the Ding Dong phrase at all.

Although the Happy Dance doesn't bother me in the least, I do believe it limits David's cross-over appeal.  When QVC started sending him as a guest on other TV shows, his Happy Dance persona is usually uncomfortably corny.  It's really only a QVC mainstay that his most loyal TV shopping fans seem to demand.  I like David very much, so a few seconds of that silly dance does not bother me at all.

An article written not too long ago stated sales go through the roof when David does his Happy Dance.  It's like a drinking game, but with sales.  As long as QVC benefits from it, I don't see it going anywhere.