Frequent Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Women with Control show with..

@bunjetto I was only speaking to the comments made by people about the booty shaking and dancing part, not the talking over part. I like shows that see the sellers having fun and it seems so often people are saying "how dare they have fun!" Life is to short to be so serious all the time, that's all I'm saying! Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I didn't see this show, but I've seen things look tense with Albany and Gary from Denim & Co and with the guy from Vionic (can't remember his name).  Never thought anyone could have an issue with the Vionic rep, but Albany did.  I never see other hosts who have vendor issues -- at least not on the air.    

Honored Contributor

I watched the video and no one seemed "upset" to me.  I do think Albany is too loud.

Respected Contributor

Renee did seem irritated with Albany(imo), but who wouldn't. Albany is 1 host I never watch (I just watched the video only). Glad Renee put her in her place. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes Renee seemed irritated by the interruptions while she was trying to make a point about the pants.....but this was a typical Albany show (and I'm not a fan)...Maybe it was karma because Renee irritates me with her silly dancing........LOL...As someone mentioned  she's carried on with other vendors (Vionic) and she tries to be "out there," coy and flirtatious in most of her presentations....that's her!!!

No I don't want the hosts to be robots but some of the antics of host/vendors are downright irritating .....And I usually grab my remote....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Albany was Albany and Renee was Renee....nothing new to see here.

The BIG distraction ( being the major shoe-a-holic that I am) was the SHOES!!! 

Albany has a similar pair in red and I would love to know where she got them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respected Contributor

I don't think the vendor hears the producer's instructions to Albany, and Albany doesn't let Renee finish speaking and just jumps in going through colors or whatever she is being instructed to do. Some hosts are better than others at this part of their job. It's awkward for the vendor but I think the seasoned ones know what's going on; it can still appear awkward to the viewers too when the guest gets interrupted mid-sentence.

As for the dancing and shaking, it seems to be very polarizing: you either love it or hate it with very few in the "I don't care" group. From seeing this host/vendor pairing before, I know it will not be a calm or dignified presentation (in my opinion), so It's on me to decide if I want to watch, as it's not likely to change after these many years. There have been times when viewer uproar has caused a response from management, but they are rare. I do know there were a lot of complaints about the stripper music used on WWC shows and this was changed. 

Respected Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

I'm sorry that was only one segment of the show... it got worse.  A241130

It is a 14 minute video, so I'll save you some pain.  Go to the 11:00 mark and watch from there.  Ewwww, yuck, uck, gross, what can I say?

In my opinion, not cute, but YUCK.  Take that to the dance club on Friday night.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Women with Control show with..[ New ]

Renee didn't appear upset.  She was laughing.

I cant believe I sat through 14 minutes to see absolutely nothing of interest.  Some folks must have a great imagination

Honored Contributor

The only thing I saw was the two of them trying to "out dance and out cute" each other... not even the models participated that much.  I can't watch Albany and I really can't watch Renee, and the two of them together is more "mememe" than I can stand.  

But that's about it.  If you find it fun, by all means watch.  If you can't take the competitive personalities (like me), watch something else.  As far as Renee being ticked off, only insomuch as Albany might upstage her.... but other than that, no.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*