Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Albany on Evine this morning?

Channel surfing last night, I couldn't believe it was Albany--she looked and acted so professional.   Evine said it was their first broadcast in Vincenza, so I guess they are parroting QVC since this was a big hit for the Q.

Respected Contributor

I am glad to know where she went. Thank-You for the up date. So much appreciated by me.

Respected Contributor

I tuned into Evine last nite and saw Albany as well . She looked great in Vincenzo presenting w/ Melissa. Pretty dress on her. Also, another poster mentioned Patti R isdoing well at IT cosmetic..Is Patti there..?
Respected Contributor

My opinion, she would still be at QVC if she had curtailed her flirting and unfiltered comments. It was just too much...plus her own “cash and prizes” were on often display even as she was presenting an item’s advantage of modesty. That always made me wonder if she understood “irony.” At any rate, I don’t think TV selling is a task just anyone can do well and requires skills and a personality that fits this media format, so kudos if she has found a similar position.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've always wondered if there were people behind the scenes at Q who encouraged Albany and other hosts to develop an on-air persona.  I suspicion Albany may have been told to act a certain way while on air for Q.

I think it's great that Albany has found a place at Evine. Patti R. also seems to be doing well with IT cosmetics.  Shame that Lisa R. doesn't appear to be fairing as well.

@wildcat fan- Lisa has her own business with a dedicated following.  I don't think it's' fair to say that she's not doing as well as Albany or Patti R.  In fact, she's probably doing better than Albany and Patti R.  JMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've always wondered if there were people behind the scenes at Q who encouraged Albany and other hosts to develop an on-air persona.  I suspicion Albany may have been told to act a certain way while on air for Q.

I think it's great that Albany has found a place at Evine. Patti R. also seems to be doing well with IT cosmetics.  Shame that Lisa R. doesn't appear to be fairing as well.

@wildcat fan- Lisa has her own business with a dedicated following.  I don't think it's' fair to say that she's not doing as well as Albany or Patti R.  In fact, she's probably doing better than Albany and Patti R.  JMHO.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion and I respect that.  My opinion is that Patti and Albany appear so much happier and healthier than they appeared while working at Q.  On the other hand, Lisa appears haggard in the unfiltered videos and photos that have been posted, and her taste in clothing, jewelry, home decorating items, etc. has diminished since she was at Q.  Her once imaculate home is looking cluttered and dirty.  My guess is that she has regrets about parting ways with Q.  As for her dedicated following, seems like she's picked up some interesting new followers over the summer, but based on their posts, they don't come across as people who are purchasing her products.  Wouldn't be surprised if Lisa decided to do something else.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan- I agree she was probably better off at the Q.  I'm sure she had to sink a chunk of change to get her business off the ground.  Didn't realize all the other stuff that you mentioned.  Maybe not as rosy as I thought....