Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Albany on Evine this morning?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newagain888888 wrote:

I thought Albany did a terrific job this morning on Evine. In fact, at times, she seemed noticeably sharper and more professional than the host she was working with today. Her demeanor was lively but natural as she showcased the various pieces. I liked the interesting information about the Italian jewelry styles she shared. Her opinions seemed well thought out. She was perfectly poised, showing courtesy and humor at all the right moments. She looked lovely too and perhaps a little softer. There were close-ups as she modeled one particular necklace that had segments that hung in three different lengths. Albany’s top was semi low-cut so when the camera focused, it showcased the shimmering gold chain, Albany’s flawless alabaster skin, and what we now know is her voluptuous figure! You can check out the video Toscana Italiana 20 inch 3-strand necklace (item #165-181).

Other shopping channels would not put up with a host behaving in the manner Albany did while she was on QVC.   Couldn't believe some of what came out of her mouth.  It wasn't fit for family programming.

@Kachina624

ITA, Also the way she flirted with male vendors...OY!!!....especially Liam with Vionic, and one time you could tell he was not amused and said I didnt appreciate that..... you could tell he wasn't kidding

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am watching Albany right now in Vincenza with Melissa on Evine. It reminds me of Lisa being there and raving about the craftsmen there and how they have become friends over the time she was doing the show there. Now Albany who I heard had some sort of "connection " to Lisa is in Vicenza doing Toscana Italiana. May ot may not have anything to do with it.

Makes you say hmmmm!

Also QVC has stopped the location shows in Vicenza, not sure why. If Evine can afford to do it surely QVC can.

Contributor

She is on Evine right now.  She & the host r in Vincenca (sic) Italy. 

Valued Contributor

I just caught the very end with Albany.  Oh, I liked her as a host.  The location they are shooting from reminds me of when LR used to go there.  It's a very pretty location. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sorry I missed it.  I always enjoyed Albany on Q.  She had some funny expressions; I liked the one about cash and prizes.

Honored Contributor

I bet Albany has cleaned up her act and is now behaving as a professional now that she learned what happens when you don't.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That is strange... I heard that she was helping Lisa Robertson with her junk.

Have you ever purchased any thing from Lisa Robertson? I have, a pair of earrings. a cross pendant, diamond cut with chain and a few Christmas items last year.  All are stunning and worth every penny I paid.  The earrings and necklace look like real gold, in fact my jeweler was surprised when I told him the necklace was not 14K gold.  I have received many complements on both jewelry pieces and they have withstood much wear. I find the earrings to be a much better quality than what I have purchased here and sent back due to how flimsy they were. I do not purchase junk.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I saw her. She did come across much more calm and refined on Evine.  I thought she still had the accent, it just wasn't as pronounced as it was on QVC.  Maybe because she was calmer?  Maybe she's trying to get rid of it? 

I thought she looked fabulous.  I also thought she and Wendy, the host, did a good job together. 

@Lipstickdiva  I agree.  I think the Albany we saw on QVC was a hyped up, caricature that Albany created to stand out from the QVC host crowd.  I'm afraid that may have back-fired on her.  The Albany on Evine has a bit of that accent, sharp sense of humor, and easy preparedness and professionalism.  This is the Albany I would have watched regularly on QVC, but unfortunately, she became a very quick channel changer for me. 

She seems very happy (her IG page has lovely posts); I wish her every success.   

I wonder if QVC tells the hosts how to act.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet Albany has cleaned up her act and is now behaving as a professional now that she learned what happens when you don't.

@Kachina624  Agreed.  Albany has presented jewelry on Evine for several months now (if not a full year); I've seen her a number of times.  She is lovely, charming, professional, and beautiful.  None of that brash, ridiculously over-the-top flirtatious or her often inapprpriate persona that she used to show on QVC. 

She's a wonderful vendor rep now, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always wondered if there were people behind the scenes at Q who encouraged Albany and other hosts to develop an on-air persona.  I suspicion Albany may have been told to act a certain way while on air for Q.

I think it's great that Albany has found a place at Evine. Patti R. also seems to be doing well with IT cosmetics.  Shame that Lisa R. doesn't appear to be fairing as well.