Trusted Contributor

Did anyone receive this email from QVC/Synchrony?

I received it today.  The email is from: "Synchrony for your QCard" and the subject line is: "You have a new message regarding your QCard® account."  

It seems strange.  If it is legit, I can't figure out why they would email something like that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone receive this email from QVC/Synchrony?

Sounds fake. You may want to call the number on your card & ask.

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal,  sign into your Q/syncrony account and if it is a legitimate email there will be a message there.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

It is a notice of credit line increase.

Honored Contributor

@walkingal @please. Please.  Do not respond in any way.

the financial,scammers are out in great numbers this morning,  I have had 4 notices, some with accounts I actually have, one so totally off base it was easily obvious

Super Contributor

I got an email yesterday from a bank that I have a card with it said something about charges on my acct and I should click the link to go directly to my acct. I clicked on it and a whole red page came up saying danger I didnt go any further and reported it as spam

Super Contributor

So far today I've had two calls from "amazon" about a phone I didn't order and one from Discover card (which I don't have).Makes me not want to answer the phone.

Valued Contributor

Yesterday I received 8 phone calls back to back from Amazon telling me a charge of §700 will be debited to my account and if this isn't an actual purchase made

by me to call a number immediately. I ignored all of them. However I did finally turn off the phone for a while . Then I was looking at my emails and there were lots of messages on the neighborhood thread about these calls. It seems dozens of people in our township received these call. The first three digits of the numbers on the caller ID all matched the first three numbers of our area numbers. Must be a way to stop all this!

Trusted Contributor

@embgm wrote:

Yesterday I received 8 phone calls back to back from Amazon telling me a charge of §700 will be debited to my account and if this isn't an actual purchase made

by me to call a number immediately. I ignored all of them. However I did finally turn off the phone for a while . Then I was looking at my emails and there were lots of messages on the neighborhood thread about these calls. It seems dozens of people in our township received these call. The first three digits of the numbers on the caller ID all matched the first three numbers of our area numbers. Must be a way to stop all this!

I know.  The scammers are using your area code so it's hard to tell on your user ID who's calling now.  

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal - I agree with other recommendations here that you should log into your Synchrony account and look for the message there rather than clicking any links, just in case. That said, whenever I get a refund notice or other account-specific alert about my QCard, the "From" section does say "Synchrony for your QCard." (Statement notices have "QCard Customer Service" in the "From" area.)