Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone catch Amy wearing torn jeans on Inspired Style?

On 3/2/2015 handygal said: I was really surprised that the Q had Amy wear jeans that were torn at one knee and in a few other places. I'm no fogey, but l didn't find anything "inspiring" about that. It's obvious that the demographic they're going after is twenty-somethings, and that probably won't work.

ITA. I didn't see the show but someone posted a picture of her on another thread about her shoes. I thought she looked awful from head to toe, especially with her toes hanging over the front of her shoes.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 BonnieBelle said:
On 3/2/2015 handygal said: I was really surprised that the Q had Amy wear jeans that were torn at one knee and in a few other places. I'm no fogey, but l didn't find anything "inspiring" about that. It's obvious that the demographic they're going after is twenty-somethings, and that probably won't work.

ITA. I didn't see the show but someone posted a picture of her on another thread about her shoes. I thought she looked awful from head to toe, especially with her toes hanging over the front of her shoes.

When a style of clothing is deemed by the fashionistas to be "young, chic and trendy", some fashion slaves will go along with it like sheep following the herd. It doesn't matter if most people think they look ridiculous, as long as it's the latest style of the moment... Yes-- and the shoes! Don't even get me started on the shoes!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Oh please, the whole 'stylish, young, cute, hip' mantra is getting as stale as the rest of QVC... Yes, it is quite fashionable to wear distressed jeans. I wear them myself, when the setting is appropriate. She was kicking off this hot mess of a new Monday line up, for heaven's sake, not meeting the girls for Happy Hour or cleaning out the tool shed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/3/2015 handygal said:

When a style of clothing is deemed by the fashionistas to be "young, chic and trendy", some fashion slaves will go along with it like sheep following the herd. It doesn't matter if most people think they look ridiculous, as long as it's the latest style of the moment... Yes-- and the shoes! Don't even get me started on the shoes!

There's another thread in Fashion discussing Amy's shoes ..... she doesn't even realize she's wearing the wrong size shoe because her toes are sticking out beyond the base. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Coupled with the ratty jeans, and I can't believe they let her go on air like that .... Amy is an idiot. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Your comment about Amy being an idiot is REALLY uncalled for.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the torn jean style, but wasn't that considered hip a couple decades ago now?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I don't mind the torn jean style, but wasn't that considered hip a couple decades ago now?

Yes, thank you. Seriously, distressed jeans, while still in fashion, are hardly au courant or a new fashion trent..

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 LEXIE said:
On 3/3/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/3/2015 handygal said:

There's another thread in Fashion discussing Amy's shoes ..... she doesn't even realize she's wearing the wrong size shoe because her toes are sticking out beyond the base. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Coupled with the ratty jeans, and I can't believe they let her go on air like that .... Amy is an idiot. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Your comment about Amy being an idiot is REALLY uncalled for.

You are correct, the poster could have said she is a fashion disaster although I liked the jeans myself.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

If these jeans are so darn cool, why isn't QVC offering them? Its like they don't have the courage of their convictions. And as far as the shoe size goes, she has to wear what they give her.

Respected Contributor

I do not know about the torn jeans. I know they are going for a younger demographic with the show, but I am not sure that torn jeans is appropriate.

Honored Contributor

I hope you didn't get too torn apart about it.