Respected Contributor

Re: Did QVC Help You With Your Xmas Shopping This Year?

[ Edited ]

I sure did, everything but cash.  And I only shop when it is a good deal and free shipping.  I shopped early enough, and, everything arrived on time.  Thankyou QVC.  Oh i forgot to acknowledge I also use Harry and David.

Regular Contributor

It helped me buy presents for myself! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

First of all good insight from the OP.  For small work gift exchanges you definitely could cut costs by buying locally and doing some comparison shopping.  S/H adds up and maybe does not make much sense on small purchases.  On the other hand if you have an overloaded work and personal schedule then the ease of purchase and pre-packaged gift prep are valuable and worth it sometimes.

I did a lot of my holiday shopping on QVC this year and am very happy with the quality of the gifts I received.  In addition to the convenience I love the honest customer reviews and full video presentations. This cuts back on the dreaded return. I live in a remote rural area and B/M choices are few and far between not to mention the gas and time spent going to several locations.  I also took advantage of the free S/H days and individual free shipping offers.  I purchase online from other companies so I comparison shop before I order any item.  The Black Friday deal on the Bose Quiet Comfort headphone package (for example) was the best at QVC!  I comparison shopped for Carole Hochman PJs too and QVC had the prettiest ones, good pricing and a better selection of sizes.  So for those who live in more urban areas with lots of shopping choices, I get why you would want to take advantage of other deals.  But for me QVC is often a great choice.

PS I love those Kringle bags too!  My kids often use my gift wrapping stash when they come home and they love the ease and look of the drawstring bags. 

Honored Contributor

Not really.  Aside from a couple of those Comphy things, a sterling clearance item, and a LG jewelry dish, I didn't buy anything for gifts.

Of course, you kind of need to watch it to buy (and I haven't been).  I find the website to be useful if I'm looking for something specific, not if I'm looking for ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and No.

I ordered the Philosophy holiday 6 piece shower gel set A341968 (single shipment) early Friday morning 12/14 and it was "in processing mode"  from 12/14 through the whole weekend so I contacted cs because the EDD date said 12/26?  I asked what is going on when they kept advertising that if you order by 12/19 you were guaranteed delivery before Christmas at no extra charge and furthermore the item was available and not sold out when I order or even days after.

The answer I got was they have been extremely busy?  After I spoke to cs my order shipped yesterday and is out for delivery so hopefully I can give this gift before and not after Christmas.  I wonder what season QVC thought this was.

I'm seriously thinking about shopping at my local stores next year or somewhere else online especially if I can start early.

Respected Contributor

Bought  two gifts for Christmas.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One item.  I missed free shipping day.  Although family has agreed to buy less “stuff” and do a few extra nice dinners out together or an extra weekend away together.  Although I enjoy shopping have purchased small food items or bath products at TJM, Marshall’s and Home goods. Cheaper and not junk.  My QVC purchases are down about 80% less than other years not just Christmas meaning total 2018 purchases

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TX YellowRose wrote:

YES Indeed !  I did most of my shopping on QVC and I bought a couple items on HSN.  I started my Christmas shopping in July with the purchase of a TSV Christmas Tree and Wreath.  I did spend more by shopping at QVC but I liked that I have my big ticket items (like my tree) paid off by Christmas using easy pay.  It's great. 

I liked getting my shopping started in July.  I read all the moans and groans about Christmas in July but I liked starting shopping early.  Every month I put a few gifts away for Christmas and it's made December really relaxing and enjoyabe knowing I am done shopping. Also, I am glad I shopped early because I was suprisingly disappointed in the Christmas programming.  
-------------

I do the same...start shopping early and a couple of gifts a month.  I buy from several retailers.

I also thought that many of the QVC holiday offerings were not items that I would buy -- so many electronic devices. 

Totally agree, if I never see the Dyson sweeper, Josie Maran, the various computer, table items, or Halo, it will be too soon! Awful, boring, repetitive, hated it!

Super Contributor

This was the first year that I did not get one present from QVC.  I have always been able to find something they offer as useful for a gift, but this year was so much of the same thing all the time - I found nothing of interest.  I hope they switch up their products in 2019.