Valued Contributor

Re: Did QVC Help You With Your Xmas Shopping This Year?

NO!!

Valued Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I purchased the set of 4 cold/hot mugs for gifts, but that's it. Then last weekend, I found I could buy the same hot/cold mugs elsewhere for $5 each. Not happy.

I purchased items, like the Beachwaver, for me, but I agree with you in that I shop for gifts elsewhere.

Not the "Primulas"?????

Respected Contributor

Yes I bought a couple of things.I have bought more in Christmases past.

Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed.  I always buy gifts from QVC for the holidays.  Not to mention the things I bought for myself.  For gifts, I bougut:

A341642 for my friends

A345106  for my middle sister

T128231 and C214037 for my little niece

K48060, I bougt a couple of sets to give to my Xmas Dinner guests as favors

H216531   To add to my Santa collection

Contributor

I guess I would say only a tiny little bit, but most of the 'gifts' I bought were for me or my son.

We did buy the Christmas tree from the Q and I definitely love it but otherwise really not much. As others have said, this year was really a bust in the holiday shopping shows.

I bought some Moose Munch for my whole office and the L&L bag sets.

Overall I guess I would say helped only a little.

Respected Contributor

I used to.

But then, I discovered on-line shopping sites that offer free shipping, have really good % off sales, use coupons and can have the product at my doorstep in less than 7-10 days. 

By and large, if you want my business, you'd better be able to send it to me without shipping charges, especially at Christmas time!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop

I started a similar thread under the “Holiday” board just a bit ago. Sorry, I didn’t see yours first. 

To answer your question, I purchased Mrs. Prindable’s  apples and Landies pretzels to share with family & friends. We don’t exchange gifts anymore so I don’t need to buy lots of stuff, but I love getting these sweet treats from the Q to share.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just Mrs. Prindable apples.

They seem so much smaller than previous years.

Contributor

YES Indeed !  I did most of my shopping on QVC and I bought a couple items on HSN.  I started my Christmas shopping in July with the purchase of a TSV Christmas Tree and Wreath.  I did spend more by shopping at QVC but I liked that I have my big ticket items (like my tree) paid off by Christmas using easy pay.  It's great. 

Remember back in the day when most all department stores offered lay a way and it didn't take a big bite out of your budget, then stores stopped that and wanted everyone to use their store credit cards.

I liked getting my shopping started in July.  I read all the moans and groans about Christmas in July but I liked starting shopping early.  Every month I put a few gifts away for Christmas and it's made December really relaxing and enjoyabe knowing I am done shopping. Also, I am glad I shopped early because I was suprisingly disappointed in the Christmas programming.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Kachina624, yes, I am very fortunate/blessed to have my friends.  Most of them I've met through work.  One group of friends I've known for about 35 years!  And another group I've known about 25 years!  We always get together for Christmas, but sometimes try to schedule something also in the summer.  

A few years ago my husband had a bad year with illness.  I had him come with me to some of those luncheons and it really lifted his spirits to get out of the house at that time and be around others and temporally forget his problems.  Friends are wonderful to have.

I also appreciate all the QVC friends I've made over the years on these boards.  Almost everyone (smile) has always been very kind and helpful.

Best wishes to all of you during this holiday season and beyond.