Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did QVC Help You With Your Xmas Shopping This Year?

Well I just received my order yesterday and it came in a beat up brown box? During the presentation the shower gels (or so I thought) were sitting on a pretty Philosophy box with a bow. I was expecting to receive these in that box not loose in a beat up brown box for $82.00. I don't understand this?

I won't go through this again..........

Respected Contributor

Yes; but only electronics.  Air Fryers for my adult kids, bose headphones for teenage grandchildren both at good prices.  Lots came from Amazon with their free, fast, shipping.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop

I totally get what you are saying as I have done the same in years past.  When buying for many friends in a group it is easy to get multiples at QVC, but it would definately save to shop at brick and mortar.  As you said, it is convenient to order online, but you pay for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, definitely helped and also with 2 Birthdays in Dec.  

Respected Contributor

Not much this year.  Only buy for DH.  They really don't have a great selection that interest men unless it is electronics, which we always purchase elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop  Agreed that one can find bargains elsewhere ~ that is if you want to deal with traffic, lines, money for gas, etc. I broke my leg in September, so was in a wheelchair for two months and home recovering for another month, so QVC got a lot of my money this year. LOL I think I purchased everything for my dh from the Q except for a shirt from LLBean. We do a lot of shopping on Amazon, but I didn't want him to see what I purchased ~ he doesn't know my QVC password or how to navigate the Q system.....Tee Hee....

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Nope.  Bought absolutely nothing from QVC for Christmas, but then I buy almost nothing any more.  Unless I want to give a computer, vacuum, my pillow, mattress, and all the other repetitive items, that is.  I used to give one of Valerie's wreaths to my dog vet, but I now get them from Costco for a fraction of the price of Valerie's.  Nice and big and fresh, decorated except for the bow.  So, instead of paying over $50 with shipping, I paid about $20 after getting a bow.

QVC is just plain boring these days. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

QVC and HSN helped me with gifts a great deal this year.   I know they are overpriced, but what a present those chocolate caramel pretzels are, in a nice red box, individually wrapped.  Perfect for the folks that help out during the year.  I tend to "overgift" and people get embarrassed but that did not happen this year.   The best reaction was the UPS guy delivering the pretzels got a gift of them too, he was so happy!

Valued Contributor

have not bought from the qvc in over 20 years  too pricey  for me i give gift cards for food stores to family they like that  better

Frequent Contributor

I bought several Christmas presents from QVC.

During Christmas in July, I bought a set of 6 philosophy shower gels for $72.98 free s/h. I prefer this brand of shower gels over Bath and Body Works. And, at about $12 per bottle, it is about as good of a price as I have found. (Although, today on QVC.com, there is a summer set of 6 for $60 + $3 s/h, so about $10 each.)

I also bought:

• set of 3 philosophy shower gels for $35, free s/h
  • set of 4 Primula insulated tumblers, even with s/h and tax, they were a little less than $10 each, 
  • JAI 5.3mm box chain bracelet
  • Berkshire heavyweight Fluffie blanket
  • Phillips Sonicare toothbrush. Got when it was the TSV, best price I've seen.
  • set of 3 Catawaba socks 
  • fleece pajamas with pockets in the pants and the top - for my mother who likes pockets and who wears petite. It is often hard to find petite pajamas that she likes.

So, yes, QVC did help with my Christmas shopping. And since most of what I bought was on easy pay, that helped as well.