Honored Contributor

Did I understand correctly? The boards are being discontinued?

Well, that plunges me into deep depression.  Facebook is a poor substitute for this board.  I predict less spending on my part.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Did I understand correctly? The boards are being discontinued?

@depglass wrote:

Well, that plunges me into deep depression.  Facebook is a poor substitute for this board.  I predict less spending on my part.  

@depglass 

Where did you hear that the boards are being discontinued?

Honored Contributor

I just read it on here somewhere, can't remember where.  I sure hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. 

SAVE OUR BOARDS ! 

SAVE OUR BOARDS !

Honored Contributor

Yes it is true....on Nov 2. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass 

Where did you hear that the boards are being discontinued?

@depglass   If you click on "Forums" at the top of the page it says that the forums will be gone on Nov. 2.  It says to go to the "I Love QVC" page on Facebook.  I checked that out a while ago, and it's not the same at all.  I wasn't interested.  I will check it out again when the forums close and see if anything is different.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Omg, I HATE THIS!  I have always enjoyed this group so much!!!! I love you all and will miss our Community. Why did Q have to resort to this? xxoo 

Trusted Contributor

Well, that will do it for me. I will deactivate my QVC account and have nothing more to do with the company. I haven't purchased much in quite awhile but I enjoy the various forums based upon the "cast of characters," interests, etc.  I am not on Facebook . I like the opportunity to participate in different forums per category of interest -- don't know how they intend to do this on FB to "splinter" into topical discussions.

Too bad. No more "convos" for my "inspos."

Valued Contributor

So unhappy with this decision.  I use Facebook, but limit it to friends and a few groups.  I imagine QVC will inundate it with advertising so I probably won't join their Facebook group.  

Honored Contributor

I remember when HSN cut off their boards with no notice.  It was years before I went back to shopping there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a FB fan. They have embraced too many things I don't care for. I guess you could say they only speak for some. I will miss the boards, I have learned alot and gotten some great recommendations on QVC products throughout the years. I guess that will help me in my spending habits! But I'll miss the Community!

I would also like to add that I cannot tell you how many times I have snorted my coffee and almost asphyxiated myself due to the laughter and fun that happens on these boards! Thank you all for the years of entertainment!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield