Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Get These Valerie Parr Hill Lamps Maybe from 2020-2021?

@DooneyGal2  Yes, those lamps are from VPH.  I ordered a set in white and, after about a year, the chain on one of mine also broke.  My husband tried to fix it, but couldn't.  The other lamp is still working.

Super Contributor

Hi Everyone,
Wayne from Social Team kindly helped me out, after a quite extensive search lol he was able to locate my original order, thanks so much y'all for your replies and help!!
As for replacing the pull chain myself, I did go on YouTube and see that it could be a bit dicey to do without prior experience at working with electrical parts where they advise you on how to do it, just not comfortable with it to be honest - but might try and see if a friend of mine can repair it!
Thanks again!!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaKeith wrote:

@DooneyGal2  Yes, those lamps are from VPH.  I ordered a set in white and, after about a year, the chain on one of mine also broke.  My husband tried to fix it, but couldn't.  The other lamp is still working.

@LisaKeith thanks so much for sharing- At least I know I'm not the only one- but so sorry it happened to your lamp too, ugh. 

Someone suggested putting it on one of those timers to avoid using the pull chain, sadly since I really need it for our bedroom, a timer isn't the best and most prudent option (need to be able to turn it on at will, at various times), but yes that would probably work well if it's in a foyer area, or sunroom. 

So frustrating for it to be of low quality though, disappointed! 

Super Contributor

@Anna987 wrote:

I see them on YouTube. Go to the 1 minute mark. It aired around January 20 2021 and after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSnvxdK3wO0 

@Anna987 thank you! 

Esteemed Contributor

If you were lucky to have the chain break off while the lamp was ON....you can buy one of those remote plugs that have a remote....

Just plug it into the plug...then the wall and use the remote to turn it on and off....

Respected Contributor

This is what I use to control lamps in my bedroom. So easy..

Amazon 

Table Lamp Dimmer Switch 

Full Range Stepless Dimming - Smooth slider switch slides up to brighten, down to dim gradually through a full range of stepless dimming; slides into the off position to turn the power off completely.

Create the Perfect Ambiance - Adjust bedside lamps, table lamps, night lights, decorative lighting to desired level of your preferred brightness; easy to control mood lighting for bedroom, nursery room, holidays, and so on..

Contributor

@DooneyGal2   I was using them on my dressing table, so I pulled the chains every day.  I was disappointed in the quality, too.  I've also bought some Christmas stuff from VPH that disappointed me.

Respected Contributor

You could try calling your local Lighting Store or even bring it in and show them. They might be able to repair it. 

Contributor

Yes, those are Valerie Parr Hill lamps.  I also purchased the blue and white ones.  They did come in various colors.  

Super Contributor

@Suneshine Great idea with the timer.