Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did Alberti really tell people to buy a Halo flashlight for every room in the house?!?!

Nice subject. @FishandSnail ,

you prompted me to take an inventory.

I keep a flashlight at the bedside, another in the kitchen where I'm most likely to overload the circuit and end up in the dark, one on the pantry shelf (lighting is terrible), one more in the central hallway, one at the back door ready to grab when going to the basement or outside, and the last two in the garage.

And they're not "just in case..."

I use them all.

Sometimes just for less than five seconds to take a quick look instead of turning the room light on/off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did Alberti really tell people to buy a Halo flashlight for every room in the house?!?!

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Desertdi  going to have to check those out for me and also for my parents. 

@CAcableGirl2     Amazon

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@nana59 

We live in Central NJ, Monmouth County where the power goes out often during  thunderstorms/high winds.  After Hurricane Sandy, (we were without power for nine days and I thad to throw a lot of food out.  We invested in a Generac for the whole house.  It was, at that time, around $6,000.  I was against it but my husband wanted it. 

Esteemed Contributor

The standard sales pitch is to purchase multiples.

Respected Contributor

I have mini flashlights everywhere, even in my pantry and kitchen shelves. Even with the overhead kitchen light on, it's not enough light to see what's way in the back of the shelf.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'First of all', I have a flashlight hanging from almost every doorknob in my house.

One in the kitchen, near the stove, one hanging on the bathroom door knob, one on a nightstand table in the bedroom.  One each at the top and bottom of my (indoor) stairs. One in the living room on a side table near my recliner.  Lets see.......probably more that I can't think of right now.

All Maglights which I've had for years and years.  Used to buy them when on sale at Target.  I believe they were $8.99 each when on sale.  

Oh, one in my car.  

So, I don't blame Alberti for suggesting the same.  When the power is out, it's a good idea to have flashlights handy, just in case. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr This morning I heard that alot on Shophq by one of the hosts for 2 products back to back.  It was such a turnoff for me and insincere, whereas I switched channels.  I do understand that certain items people may buy multiples (like I did this morning with some Karen Scott tops at Macy's online; buying multiple colors @ $7.99 each).  

Super Contributor

@Marp I have a flashlight in every room during hurricane season.  Whatever room I am caught in when the power goes out, I don't want to have to feel my way around the house to another room to find a flashlight.  

Honored Contributor

They ALL are.  Even the much-loved MaryBeth.  I haven't seen one presentation that they don't say it.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@september wrote:

@Sooner   Well, I only have a cell phone now, so it's not far away.  As long as it's within voice distance of me, I can call out to Siri, to turn on the flashlight, and voila!  Let there be light!

@september IF you have electricity and if your router is up and if your internet provider working, and if you don't have a house fire going and if you don't live in Oklahoma and tornadoes and 100 mph straight winds and baseball sized hail haven't screwed up the power and so forth.  

That's a lot of ifs!  Most of those problems wouldn't apply to me.  Have lived in this house for 17 months and have never lost power.  

Now where I used to live....that was a whole other issue!🥴

When I visit my son and see the tornado shelters, it's a bit unnerving.