Valued Contributor

Re: Did Alberti really tell people to buy a Halo flashlight for every room in the house?!?!

I am noticing that all the hosts use the same phrasing and encourage people to buy more than one. Amazing, so soft, you look beautiful, these are so wonderful, this is so GOOD, name of designer really knows how to design pants. Same on HSN. Maybe I watch too often but I don't remember these same phrases said in a rushed, awed voice a few years ago. Alberti has this same full of excitement and awe selling voice. He appears to be a nice guy and all, this is just the way they sell. It creates a need to purchase in the viewer. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Did Alberti really tell people to buy a Halo flashlight for every room in the house?!?!

@september wrote:

I always have my phone nearby, and it (like most smart phones) has a flashlight.  Not an extremely bright one, but adequate for me to find my way to another room that would have a higher powered flashlight.  

@september LOL!!!  I never know where my phone is when I get home.  I am glad to have it where I don't know where it is.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Well, I only have a cell phone now, so it's not far away.  As long as it's within voice distance of me, I can call out to Siri, to turn on the flashlight, and voila!  Let there be light!

Honored Contributor

I have the rechargeable plug-in flashlights, that turn on when the power goes out.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

He has to be the worst offender for telling people to buy more than one of whatever item he's selling.

@FishandSnail I agree with you. I know it's a sales tactic. It's an old worn out sales tactic. That along with the gift drawer, and buy one for the butcher, baker and candlestick maker! 

Esteemed Contributor

our Generac has taken the place of all our flashlights....costly.....but best investment we ever made....

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Sooner   Well, I only have a cell phone now, so it's not far away.  As long as it's within voice distance of me, I can call out to Siri, to turn on the flashlight, and voila!  Let there be light!

@september IF you have electricity and if your router is up and if your internet provider working, and if you don't have a house fire going and if you don't live in Oklahoma and tornadoes and 100 mph straight winds and baseball sized hail haven't screwed up the power and so forth.  

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you ,I bought a box full of mini flashlights with batteries included from Amazon, and it is one of my best purchases. There is a sticker over the end of the battery, so it is not activated till removed. I have those flashlights stashed everywhere and they really come in handy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi  going to have to check those out for me and also for my parents. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

The same old tiresome, repetitive constant sales pitches do get annoying and are turn offs for me.  First of all I buy only what I want and can afford and need, the hosts do not sway my decision one bit.  They always say people are buying more than one and that is another repeater.  Yes, this is their job and it is my job to turn certain hosts off and not watch.  I shop on the Q site most of the time.  We could all state the selling points but the decision to buy should come from the buyer. I'll leave it at that.