Valued Contributor

Re: Designers loving their own items.

The “designers”ARE glorified reps!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1  

Actually, your statement may be true.  He shows up to "present" the clothes. QVC's Xcel Brands is the parent company for the Isaac Mizrahi, Judith Ripka and Liz Claiborne New York brands.

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Or there's .Isaac, who sometimes seems to have never seen his designs before.

Frequent Contributor

I dont like it when the host is doing all her buying instead of selling items to us the viewer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While there may be a difference between bragging, and pride in accomplishment, if someone creates something, then why deny them the pleasure of sharing their creation? 

As to presentations, I'd like to see most of the time spent on these things (some of which they actually do):

-- fabric - how to care for it, machine wash and/or dry?

-- construction, including showing seams, darts, elastic, godets, etc.

-- what does the inside look like - turn it inside out (sometimes they do)

-- do the wrinkle test - take a handful of fabric, squeeze gently, see how wrinkly it becomes (first educate customers that different material reacts differently and someone may want one thing and someone else may want another)

-- describe the feel of the garment

-- describe the colors (they do a reasonably good job of this)

-- continue holding tops next to pants, and so on, so we can see whether they coordinate

I don't need to be told I can wear it over or under a jacket, or that I can wear it to a baby shower or riding on the back of a motorcycle.  On second thought, the latter would be important since you want pretty rugged outerwear in that instance!

Image result for women motorcycle clothing

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

As a designer (jewelry), when selling at a show or gallery, I describe the item, talk about the materials, stones used and the process if asked. To say, “I love this necklace and you guys have to have it” would be beyond conceited, IMO.

Frequent Contributor

Yup SG is the worst.  Every item is her favorite. lol

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Or there's .Isaac, who sometimes seems to have never seen his designs before.

@QVCkitty1

It really makes you wonder did he really design it, or if  someone on his team did, and he just put his name on it, and took credit for it.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

If I tune in which I do rarely I want information on the item.  I can see color, but I want to know about sizing, options to wear it, fabric , etc.  In other words I cannot jump on the set and try it on or feel it.  So I want details.  The designers sometimes get carried away in silly talk, over promotion and that takes away for what I need to know. I guess they are trying to create excitement, so I don't blame them.  I just cannot listen to it over and over and over.  

@bonnielu

That gets me too....the lack of details....telling me "how wonderful it is", "or how pleased they are on how it turned out"...that doesn't make we want to buy it!!! Also they make up these scenarios on where you can wear it to, but no ideas on other options to wear it with (there are a FEW hosts that show you other items in the show that could go with it but these are RARE--ALL of them should do that)......

They leave out sizing (and only general sizing not specific to the garment is the only thing available), some dont talk about the fabric....BUT they go through the colors for the UMPTEENTH time!!!  Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

You said, "I don't need to be told I can wear it over or under a jacket, or that I can wear it to a baby shower or riding on the back of a motorcycle."

LOL---or you can wear it to a graduation, to a summer wedding, lunch with the girls, to the movies,  or for that matter ----to a beer chugging contest....Woman LOL (and I dont even like beer so that would be a NO SALE-for sure Smiley Wink

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate