Honored Contributor

Re: Designers loving their own items.

@this is my nic wrote:

Talk about the item not praising how wonderful it is.  Tell us about the item, leave out the love.  Tell me how this item will make my life more enjoyable.  Don't tell me how much you love everthing and how fabulous verything is. I get sick of the love, love, love every single aspect of every darned thing. 

If an item gets customer top rating let me know.  

@this is my nic.  You hit the nail on the head.  Leave out all the superlatives and stick to the facts.  We will judge whether or not it's fabulous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Or there's .Isaac, who sometimes seems to have never seen his designs before.

I was thinking the same thing!  These “designers” pick stuff from a catalog and slap their name on it.  I doubt Lisa Rinna sits down with a sketch pad and “designs” anything.

@Phantom41

She is probably sent things to "endorse."  Both sides make more money that way.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Two things:

1.  The minute "their favorite color" or whatever sells out, they immediately pull another one to the forefront saying it's their favorite.  Isaac does this habitually.

2.  SG just said a night or two ago that she uses stitching that no one else in the world uses.  Not just QVC this time . . . "the world!"

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Every item SG "designs" is her favorite and if you only buy one item. it should be the one she is gushing about at the time.  I agree we need more details about fabric care, sizing, etc. than to hear how much every single item is their favorite and how to wear a $40 tee-shirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I can't watch/listen to her so I don't.  When any of them go into hyper mode, I change the channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree I so agree with you about the peplum.  I also feel that way about the hi-lo back and the sharkbite hem.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu not just the designers  but the "hosts" do it too. I really don't care which condiment they like best - mustard or mayo or if they like potato salad or what have you. If I tuned in to see what fashion they are presenting, I want to know about the fabric, the sizing and other related information.

Spend 15 minutes talking about a tee shirt for heavens sakes only because there is too much extraneous chatter going on & I have to go online to see the measurements so I can decide what size I should order.