Contributor

Re: Designers and Diamonique Almost Not Watchable

I see that you are listed as an Honored Contributer.  This must mean that you don't speak out to criticize any glaring missteps at QVC.  Surely the camera work is worse now.  I hope you like what you ordered.

Frequent Visitor

I've just joined the forum, although I've thought about it many times.  But usually someone else will have the same opinion as I do so it was unnecessary for me to chime in.  However the new camera work QVC has initiated is too much for me not to add my 2 cents.  I don't like it.  I cannot watch it. It makes me dizzy and nauseous.  And I know others have said the same thing.  But I'm hoping if enough people  complain, QVC will get rid of it.

Honored Contributor

@32degrees wrote:

I see that you are listed as an Honored Contributer.  This must mean that you don't speak out to criticize any glaring missteps at QVC.  Surely the camera work is worse now.  I hope you like what you ordered.

@32degrees   I'll take a wild guess here, but are you speaking to me?  You can use the @ sign with a posters nickname here so we know what you're talking about, or to whom you're referencing.

If your post was indeed for me, your little dig was unnecessary, and silly.  This is a forum of differing opinions and ideas.  I respect that you don't like the new format at all.  I don't mind the new format, and for the most part that I've seen today, I actually rather like it.

See how easy that is?  Just an opinion.

Yes, like always, I hope I like what I ordered, thank you.  

Esteemed Contributor

The camera work  has been poor on the last few Diamonique shows. The Hosts  don't hold still long enough  or the camera  person is slow . Agree with poster  many blurred camera shots . The Hosts always have had an undesirable habit of putting their hands over top of a necklace , bracelet  or earrings.  Apparently, constantly touching the merchandise is some old sales tactic  , but the Hosts  frequently obscure the  jewelry.

Some are gabbing the pieces so often  , the camera can't get a clean shot. Rarely, do the Hosts show the back or inside of the  jewelry .  The Affinity  rep, ? Michele , well they  could  replace her with a handsome man  as she is so boring !

Super Contributor

This new style of camera work is horrid!  The background is blurred, clearly they are not on the same set, you can see it in the hair, clothes. Like a bad Zoom.

In one show with Jen C. she was bending over to the closeup camera, and she was on the side of the shot, just screwy to me. 

As others have mentioned, the camera shot in these close-ups is super blurry!!! Just awful.

Super Contributor

On some of the shows, the hosts mentioned that the jewelry samples just arrived at QVC yesterday, as if that was a good thing, being so new. I think it's a horrible thing, probably a supply chain issue, which means they didn't have time to pre-film a close-up rotating view of the jewelry, which I find helpful. Some of the items didn't have any pictures on qvc.com at all. Did they not have time, or are they just being cheap by not pre-filming a close-up? I buy less if I can't zoom in and see good pictures or videos of the items.
Honored Contributor

Wow, so glad I did not watch. All these glitches should not be on a shopping channel. So many problems with bad backgrounds, non-professional hosts, shipping issues.... I just gave it up.

Super Contributor

I agree. Didn't turn QVC on all day. In fact, the programming has been awful for the past several months. I just stopped watching 

Honored Contributor

Nothing grabbed me in this 24hr day of jewelry which as usual was mostly high ticket Jai and affinity. They called it "from Designers to Diamonique" when there were very few shows/items of diamonique. Got to say, any jewely I may be interested in buying comes from amazon and etsy from bold and beautiful to small, petite, classic. Prices I can afford if I choose to buy something, most times comes to me free s/h (and the same if it's a must return but it rarely is). 

Let's talk Jai for a minute - how much or what percentage of Jai creations really ends up in someone's home jewelry collection? There is now tons of Jai in the qvc warehouses. I'm hard pressed to think Scott and Co. are making a whole lot of return dollars-wise to make it worth his while to keep going with this line. This line is really REALLY time consuming to create, to master, to make enough pieces to constantly have tsvs here. This line is incredibly pricey, it is not one for the common everyday jewelry purchaser. It's certainly not like you can pick up yesterday's cuff, matching earrings and a ring or that huge pendant disc to have a matching ensemble of it - you'd be in the thousands of dollars. How often would you wear it to get your money's worth? Do Hollywood "stars" tune in and buy it? Who knows?  Some of it's nice, some not so much. It's mind boggling to me, this line.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a pair of Diamonique earrings I might have been interested in. However, Vanessa and Erin went in and on about Oh pretty they were, how Dennis Basso would love them, how to wear them, etc. But what they didn't do was show the size. Back in the day, they used to have a ruler and actually show you the size of what you were buying, so there would be no ambiguity. I had no idea if these earrings were large or small. They didn't show them on the model, or either of the ladies. They lost a sale, and it's more about the vendors, talking to the host than them selling items.