Occasional Contributor

Designers and Diamonique Almost Not Watchable

I can appreciate trying new technologies and new looks on set, but the way the camera work is being done on the Designers and Diamonique show looks like a big step backwards.

It gives the impression that there is no camera operator, and that the hosts and vendors now must do their best to hold an item in the exact right spot until it's in focus. We're not getting better "juicy" shots, we're getting what looks like an old amateur local low budget cable show. 

Also, the hosts are forced to sell this as if it's wonderful, and it adds extra "cringe." Please go back to everything being in focus!

Valued Contributor

Re: Designers and Diamonique Almost Not Watchable

@Merrygold wrote:

I can appreciate trying new technologies and new looks on set, but the way the camera work is being done on the Designers and Diamonique show looks like a big step backwards.

It gives the impression that there is no camera operator, and that the hosts and vendors now must do their best to hold an item in the exact right spot until it's in focus. We're not getting better "juicy" shots, we're getting what looks like an old amateur local low budget cable show. 

Also, the hosts are forced to sell this as if it's wonderful, and it adds extra "cringe." Please go back to everything being in focus!

Agree 100%.  I turned it off.  It IS unwatchable.  Who came up with this skype-type show idea?  When an item is held up to see a close up, you can't see anything, lolol.  Dumb idea.

Honored Contributor

It's different, that's for sure.  But I'm giving it a chance.

I agree that it looks like they're doing these jewelry shows with no actual camera operators on set.  

But I watched an hour of Robert Manse, Jai, and now Designer to Diamonique, and I really don't mind it at all.  The only thing blurry is the background.  I'm not focusing on the background. 

The jewelry appears perfectly clear and in focus to me.  I made two purchases already.

The bonus for me is that I'm not seeing the normal over the top silliness in this show on right now.  Less performance, and more actually showing the jewelry.  It forces the host to put the jewelry up close so the viewer can see it. 

Doesn't bother me at all. 

Frequent Contributor

I had to change the channel 

Respected Contributor

I commented on the other thread started about this and I will say it here, too. AWFUL!!! There is constantly some portion of the picture/screen out of focus whether it be the host, vendor, or even the item when they're moving it back and forth.

In a word,  Nauseating.

Hopefully this experiment in selling will be reviewed and stopped immediately.  Much like other comments the hosts huge Hulk hand in front of the camera is repulsive.

Valued Contributor

@Harleyishome wrote:

Hopefully this experiment in selling will be reviewed and stopped immediately.  Much like other comments the hosts huge Hulk hand in front of the camera is repulsive.

"huge hulk hand".......made me laugh!

Occasional Contributor

What a disaster! The host and rep are also jammed up against each other and host almost has back to rep at times. One host had a terrible time trying to keep her hands off of Scott. YIKES!!!!

Respected Contributor

I had to turn it on just to see - it literally made me dizzy watching it which I couldn't do for more than a minute.  How crazy.  Why do they keep changing things for the worse?

Contributor

The camera work is bad today for the jewelry shows.It is sometimes awkward & jumpy & they focus on long shots of the model & then FINALLY zero in on the jewelry she is wearing. It was particularly bad on the early AM Adi PAZ show & I have noticed other bad camera work on early AM shows like Vanessa's Closet. WE WANT TO SEE ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRODUCT SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!