Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I would not support him in any way even through his faux line.  Also, I wouldn't be seen wearing a faux fur fearing someone might think it real.  I don't want any association with the despicable fur industry.

@faeriemoon 

I have had many of Dennis' faux fur coats.  Real fur is SO obvious, there is no mistaking what you are looking at, esp since fur coats are individual pelts and faux fur is continous yardage.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

This is a good site to help you determine real fur vs. genuinely faux fur:

Real Fur vs. Faux (Fake) Fur: A Side-By-Side Comparison (shannonfabrics.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@shih wrote:

just saying

I buy Dennis's clothes on QVC, love everything I have bought. I will never be buying anything on Madison Ave , but would love to. I also eat meat. 

Contributor

No... I don't eat meat. I am a vegan.. 

Respected Contributor

My dear aunt left me her fur coat. I wore it once or twice and gave it back to her sister. She understood and gave it to a cousin's daughter. I don't like the fake ones either. 

Trusted Contributor

As mentioned, Dennis Basso has had stores on Madison Ave, selling real fur, for years and years.  He hasn't always been in the same location. 

I have been to his stores a few times, each time with other ladies who are QVC shoppers.

On two visits to his store, he was there.  We said we were QVC ladies.  He was wonderful to us.  He spoke to us, took pictures with us and was very gracious. He loves QVC customers. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

My dear aunt left me her fur coat. I wore it once or twice and gave it back to her sister. She understood and gave it to a cousin's daughter. I don't like the fake ones either. 

I too 'inherited' a mink stole and coat when my MIL died and I gladly suggested that his sister 'deserved' those, since they were his Mom's favorites.

Whew! Dodged that bullet!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I would not support him in any way even through his faux line.  Also, I wouldn't be seen wearing a faux fur fearing someone might think it real.  I don't want any association with the despicable fur industry.

I don't wear faux leather either, I don't want to seem like I'm wearing some other creature's skin. They brag about how the faux looks like the "the finest lamb skin". And,no, I don't eat meat in answer to the "gotcha" people.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I've bought two coats from Dennis. The first I returned, and the second I picked up on the Q's big sale with no returns. The second coat I've never worn.

There's lots of room for Dennis if he would expand to more clothing on the Q. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Catiele wrote:

I too 'inherited' a mink stole and coat when my MIL died and I gladly suggested that his sister 'deserved' those, since they were his Mom's favorites.

Whew! Dodged that bullet!

@KingstonsMom   My grandmother offered me her mink coat years ago when I lived in Texas.  I told her thanks, but the climate was too warm for fur.  It was the last thing I wanted.

I do have a faux mink jacket that I keep in Pennsylvania and wear when I visit there.  Sister is welcome to wear it any other time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment