Trusted Contributor
@faeriemoon... Thanks for your note! I can't heart posts any longer OR make my print larger OR make new paragraphs! It's been a few months now. Its aggravating! .... I've been posting as long as you. My previous nic was LoveMyHandbags..... And back to Dennis Basso... I didn't realize some women still wear real fur...but I guess the ladies do who have rich husbands! Absolutely Disgusting !!!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

And Stan Herman remains. Woman LOL

I think Stan is adorable.

Respected Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
@faeriemoon... Thanks for your note! I can't heart posts any longer OR make my print larger OR make new paragraphs! It's been a few months now. Its aggravating! .... I've been posting as long as you. My previous nic was LoveMyHandbags..... And back to Dennis Basso... I didn't realize some women still wear real fur...but I guess the ladies do who have rich husbands! Absolutely Disgusting !!!!!!!!

Or maybe they have their own money and buy their own furs.

Trusted Contributor
@DJs mom.... You're absolutely correct. l was thinking about movies I've seen where a woman enters a room on the arm of a man and she's wearing a beautiful white fur... Women can buy their own fur or her husband can.... I despise them either way....
Respected Contributor

From Wikopedia:

Stan M. Herman (born September 17, 1928) is an American fashion designer.

This man is now 93 years old.  He makes me happy when I see him.

Honored Contributor

The aging designers here ran their course and we aging buyers are dwendling and I dont think the young buyers are into Basso,Louis D & Bob M.  These mature buyers may want to just retire or semi-retire.  Or maybe their clothing was not selling as much and the Q is retiring their lines.

QVC is a business just like any other retailer.  They sell what the public buys and wants.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Anyone remember this odd fashion designer ?  He was very eccentric.

george.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Reever   that's George Simonton.  Your crude description of him is your opinion, of course.

In my opinion, he was very talented, and seemed sweet and respectful to all of the hosts.  I only purchased one cascading knit jacket of his long ago.  But I enjoyed watching his presentations. 

Respected Contributor

George Simonton is very talented. He taught at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) in New York.

Respected Contributor

Ellaphant, the point was that Jane Treacy introduced Dennis Basso back in 1993

FishandSnail was trying to talk up Katrina Szish for hosting a few programs in the last couple years.

Big difference.