Trusted Contributor

And Stan Herman remains. Woman LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant Yes, precisely. My post in another thread stated that Dennis likes working with Leah Williams, who hosted the Dennis Basso Boutique Live from Tavern on the Green. Dennis must also have liked working with Lena McIlwain, otherwise she wouldn't have been a representative for his brand. 

But QVC likes to indicate when a particular brand debuted with a host who continues to host their show, such as Pat always mentioning that she was the first host for EternaGold in September 1993 or Mary Beth mentioning that she was the first host for Joan Rivers, Denim & Co., Imperial Gold, Honora, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark  I love Stan Herman. He was on much more often years ago. His cotton chenille robes were the best and I still have and wear some of them. I also have many of his lounge dresses.

In the 1970's I had a few of the dresses that he designed and sold under the label "Mr. Mort". They were so cute.

He has had a long and amazing career as a designer. Also, he

remembers us petites.

He just seems like a real sweetheart. I wish he could bring back the cotton chenille robes.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:
Jane Rudolph Treacy hosted the premiere of Dennis Basso Boutique on Saturday, December 4, 1993 at 10am ET, and dozens of other hours since his debut. 

You have a pretty good memory!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Since he is a furrier IRL, I hope he goes out of business entirely.

Trusted Contributor
@faeriemoon.... I love your tag line soooo much! (I think that's what it's called!) It makes me laugh out loud every time I read one of your posts!!! ...especially the ending "...who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk." HA!!!! That is so true because I've found after l post on Facebook, Auto Correct puts in the wrong word than what I wanted! ....and l also agree with your comment about Dennis....
Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
@faeriemoon.... I love your tag line soooo much! (I think that's what it's called!) It makes me laugh out loud every time I read one of your posts!!! ...especially the ending "...who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk." HA!!!! That is so true because I've found after l post on Facebook, Auto Correct puts in the wrong word than what I wanted! ....and l also agree with your comment about Dennis....

@EastCoastGal I'm glad it gives you a giggle!! Gotta love that Auto Correct; it makes us all look like idiots!!  Also, I have begun dictating texts because it's much faster.  Another opportunity to sound like an idiot!! Woman LOL

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon  I hate that he still uses natural fur in his high end designs. Who buys this stuff? Those poor innocent animals. UGH. Like someone once said, “that fur looks better on the animal than on any human”.

Honored Contributor

@RNbynite wrote:

@faeriemoon  I hate that he still uses natural fur in his high end designs. Who buys this stuff? Those poor innocent animals. UGH. Like someone once said, “that fur looks better on the animal than on any human”.

@RNbynite I so completely and totally agree with you.  When I see someone in real fur it both depresses and nauseates me.

Trusted Contributor
Re: Stan Herman...I love Stan Herman's nightgowns and bathrobes! Just recently l ordered the short summer bathrobe with short sleeves in blue. It washed great (and hung it up to dry.) l believe he called it "baby terry" because it's soooo soft! Keep making your fabulous items Stan! One time l read a review that ended with... Keep up the great work Herman! 😂 I bet he got a kick out of that! 😂