Honored Contributor

I cannot watch that show.  One host and one remote vendor can be bad, 3 remote vendors with Dennis the best of the trio is unbearable for me.  QVC is not losing, however, because I am not currently buying the kinds of items from any retailer.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never purchased anything from Dennis Basso in the 20 or so years I have been shopping at QVC.  I am sure he is a good designer.  I just find him kind of creepy.

As to furs, I have two stoles (assuming real) that ended up at my house, one from each of my long deceased grandmothers.  One (or maybe both) has her initials embroidered inside.  I will never wear these and have no idea what to do with them.  I don't just want to give them away at this point.  So they hang in a spare closet, taking up space.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso

[ Edited ]

While I do not condone the fur trade, I will never tell someone what they should or should not do because it contradicts my beliefs. 😊

While there are animal rights causes that I am quite passionate about; the slaughter of innocent, magnificent elephants for their precious ivory being among them; I believe simply in freedom of choice; without judgement; as difficult as that may sometimes be. However, I respect the passions of those who do.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso

[ Edited ]

Boycott  what you want  .

As for me , your opinion will not  persuade me . I will follow my own inner guide .

As far as Dennis Basso, I think he means well , just has the gift of gab. He reminds me of  someone's Uncle who has a sense of humor . His voice sounds as though maybe he used to smoke and has some health issues . Let the man enjoy  his life , heaven knows some of us are getting old .  Honestly, his voice is not as bad as that lady Rep who screeches while running the mixers .

In all,  Most of the QVC Reps ans Hosts yell talk . I think QVC should  suggest or train the  Reps and Hosts to speak loudly enough to be heard  and enunciate which would avoid yell talking.

Honored Contributor

I ❤️ Dennis Basso and buy his clothing from time to time.  I had several of his coats but when I moved from Texas to Hawaii I gave them to each of my best girlfriends.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

The faux fur blankets and coats Dennis sells are wonderful and extremely warm!!

They are my go-tos when I am in the coldest days of the year, and they are 100% polyester!

Yes, many ladies of the past loved their fur coats, but they also loved to smoke and drove cars without seat belts.  We are constantly evolving, learning and growing.

I always wished I could collect all the brushed fur of my cats and dogs and have it knit into a warm sweater or a coat. But I will never be that  "crafty"!