Valued Contributor

Just wanted to say what a great job Dennis and the QVC people did on Friday night.  I attended the live studio audience for Dennis' show and had such fun watching Dennis and Jane not to mention laughing. I walked out feeling so good!  This was my third time attending a live audience show and probably my favorite one so far.  Jane did a great job!   

Respected Contributor
On Tv they showed footage of Dennis Basso from 25 years ago. He has visibly aged. I was surprised how much thinner he was. Have to believe smoking has played a roll. I love Dennis Basso faux fur throws. Must own at least half a dozen. I was taken aback that he said he buys his coffee from a bodega in Manahattan and pays $1.50. He always struck me as someone who does "high end everything" including food and drink. I believe he was once spotted walking down Manhattan in full fur regalia. He is true devotee of coutre.
Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr

It's so nice to hear something positive about QVC (and Dennis Basso  and Jane) for a change, thank you for that!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience being in the live audience and that it made you smile!

Happy, healthy holidays to you and yours!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Thanks IG!  Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.  Dennis is the sweetest man.  Both Jane and Dennis very genuine and nice!    

Trusted Contributor

@Lattelvr  That sounds lovely.  I think Dennis is a hoot.  I never been to a live show.  Do they come out and interact with the audience before or after the show ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Show

[ Edited ]

I met Dennis Basso two times in his store on Madison Ave.

Dennis loves his QVC customers.  The 2 times I met him I was with other women who also shop on QVC.  He couldn’t have been nicer to us even though he knew we couldn’t afford anything in his Flagship store.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dennis and Jane both walked out together and talked to us before the show. I'd say it was a good half hour.  Dennis talked to everyone like we were all his friends and same with Jane.  He was very appreciative we all came out to see him.  Heart

Respected Contributor

That’s real class.

@newjerseygirl wrote:

I met Dennis Basso two times in his store on Madison Ave.

Dennis loves his QVC customers.  The 2 times I met him I was with other women who also shop on QVC.  He couldn’t have been nicer to us even though he knew we couldn’t afford anything in his Flagship store.

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr  As an audience member, did you get any freebie(s)?  Like maybe a Basso scarf or something?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dennis Basso is a high-end designer. I enjoyed hearing him speak of dressing Hillary Clinton and Michelle O'Bama. When he brought out the tweed jacket, WOW! That was a fabulous piece. It was stunning on each of the models and Jane.

So nice to have him with other hosts. We're finally seeing him for who he really is . . . an intelligent man with amazing humor! I had forgotten his witt from the days of LR. Anxious for DB and Amy to show his fashions together. That should be fun! She wears all clothing so wear and has an amazing sense of style. Amy is so polished, attractive and sweet, too!

Perhaps QVC is going to raise the bar with his clothing for QVC in 2019. I have several of his leather coats from years ago . . . and still wear them! Yes, the leathers are that supple and durable; the styles are classic. I'd like to see more real designers on QVC who are willing to use quality (prefer natural fabrics) in the clothing. Yes, I'm willing to pay for the real deal and the workmanship involved.

That tweed jacket was the first Basso piece I've seen in a long time that called my name. Hope to see more. Right now, I'm strictly a Linea buyer from QVC in fashions. If QVC is going in an up-scale direction, count me IN.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.