Frequent Contributor

I have been shopping for Denim and Co for Years but i am starting to rethink buying anymore.  The brand has always been a good Buy for a fair Price.  IMHO that is no longe the case.  I have found that i can go to Costco and get a pair of jeans by Gloria Vanderbuilt for 16.00 so even though i enjoy watching Gary and Carolyn i will not be spending money on clothes i can get for Much less Money.

Respected Contributor

I bought two pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt capris last week at Costco. They were $14.99 each. 

Esteemed Contributor

I still like Denim and Co., but I did just return two tops that were a TSV about a month ago.  They were just too wide at the bottom.  I have many other Denim & Co. tops that at just fine.  These had a curved hem, but still, I just did not like the fit.  And yes, Denim & Co. has gotten kind of pricey.  I am alway on the look out for lunch time and prime time specials.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

I just saw a denim & co. top that was presented this morning - I would love to have bought it but honestly - $49.99 NO, NO, NO.  A couple days ago I saw another top I would love to have bought - same thing - waaaaaaaay over-priced.  By the time you pay those prices and then add the tax and 2 week shipping fees......it is obsurd!  QVC wise up and don't blame it on Chino....it is YOU wanting money for a failing business.

Esteemed Contributor

It must be tough to keep coming up with 'new' ideas but........Gary showcased a top yesterday that I thought  (ugh  what a homely print/colors) as he jumped up & down on how pretty it was and he loved loved it.   Sales for it didn't seem very robust.  Don't recall last time I ordered D&Co.  (year or more)

Honored Contributor

@Arizona sunset wrote:

I have been shopping for Denim and Co for Years but i am starting to rethink buying anymore.  The brand has always been a good Buy for a fair Price.  IMHO that is no longe the case.  I have found that i can go to Costco and get a pair of jeans by Gloria Vanderbuilt for 16.00 so even though i enjoy watching Gary and Carolyn i will not be spending money on clothes i can get for Much less Money.

@Arizona sunset 

Not just Costco...most retailers beat QVC clothing prices these days, and I suspect thats why QVC apparel lines have experienced a decline in sales....  If people want to pay extra for the convenience of seeing products displayed on TV I guess that's their choice, but QVC is pricing themselves out of the market place....JMHO.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor
I agree that you can find things cheaper and I have, but I find the quality and how they look after washing can be much worse. I buy basic fees for around the house in some of those cheaper lines of maybe something more trendy that I don't need to hold up long term but I can tell the difference I think we're going to see higher prices everywhere as current stock runs low and situation with China continues (virus and tariffs).
Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

It must be tough to keep coming up with 'new' ideas but........Gary showcased a top yesterday that I thought  (ugh  what a homely print/colors) as he jumped up & down on how pretty it was and he loved loved it.   Sales for it didn't seem very robust.  Don't recall last time I ordered D&Co.  (year or more)

@fthunt 

They surely do come up with some seriously ugly gaudy horribly colored prints in the D & C line. Earlier today I did see a set of 2 V neck T-shirts w/3/4 sleeves. One solid and one print and the print wasn't too bad. It wasn't like your grandma's curtains as some are. I'd have ordered if they had petites. 

Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:
I agree that you can find things cheaper and I have, but I find the quality and how they look after washing can be much worse. I buy basic fees for around the house in some of those cheaper lines of maybe something more trendy that I don't need to hold up long term but I can tell the difference I think we're going to see higher prices everywhere as current stock runs low and situation with China continues (virus and tariffs).

@VancouverUSAgal 

Yes, ALL retailers are subject to tarriffs etc, yet I find great quality at Dillard's in their Westbound brand....and same with the Karen Scott brand at Macys (which I find equivalent to D&C)...yet their prices range from $15 to $35 .... These tops have been washed so many times and they look brand new....Meanwhile it seems hit or miss with D&C...Ive had nice quality tops...and then some tops with very chintzy fabrics which I returned....Ive had tops stretch out of shape and pill....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I am in complete agreement with you regarding this cute morning’s tops not being offered in petite size.  I just received tee shirts that I do like, and they do fit me in xx small, but....they will need to be hemmed because they are long enough to be tunic length on me.  So, by the time I pay for alterations, they will be very expensive tee shirts.  I’m going to have to pay lots more attention to the lengths before I order.