Esteemed Contributor

I it's something "on trend" That I don't think is going to be around very long and I like it I'll go as cheap as I can find and not feel bad about tossing it.  If it's classics like tee shirts that will get lots of wear and washed constantly I'm at LLBean or Eddie Bauer.  I can't wear the darn thing out even after three years.

Honored Contributor

buiyall myD & c on ebay,al lbrandnew for half the Q price!!Re: Denim and Co.

I buy all my D & C on ebay, all brand new for half the Q price. 

Respected Contributor

Re: buiyall myD & c on ebay,al lbrandnew for half the Q price!!Re: Denim and Co.

i have given up on d & c too.   

i'm curious, tho, @Shelbelle .  i remember reading a while back that you said this very thing ... and i wonder how this is possible.  i am interested enough to go over there and have a look see.  do you know how this is possible?  it really doesn't matter at all, but i am curious.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: buiyall myD & c on ebay,al lbrandnew for half the Q price!!Re: Denim and Co.

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i have given up on d & c too.   

i'm curious, tho, @Shelbelle .  i remember reading a while back that you said this very thing ... and i wonder how this is possible.  i am interested enough to go over there and have a look see.  do you know how this is possible?  it really doesn't matter at all, but i am curious.  Smiley Happy

It is not just D and C but all Q fashions and brands like Graver and Mizrahi. I think people buy pallets of leftover and excess stock. Two popular sellers are Chel's Closet and Phoenix Trading Co.  Be sure to read all descriptions carefully. 

Trusted Contributor

I think the jump in price in Denim & Co. clothes is partly due to the addition of sizes 4 & 5X. Instead of charging more for just the plus sizes, they average out the cost of the extra material and spread it evenly among all sizes. So, an XXS is the same price as a 5X even though the smaller size only has about 1/3 of the material used in the larger size.

Trusted Contributor

I used to buy Fashion Formula, then Sport Savvy and Denim & Co. clothes for years. The D&C prices for tops were reasonable--around $20 and up. Now they are in the 40s. So I no longer buy. I used to buy Susan Gravers, but now her items are in the 50s and 60s. So I stopped buying those. I also stopped buying shoes that should fit--same size I have always bought, but now don't fit so it is $5.50 to ship them and $7 to return them. So I now buy from 6pm, Online Shoes, Amazon or zappos with free shipping and free returns. Guess QVC doesn't miss our business.And don't get me started on the "sale" prices. To me, $5 off isn't much of a sale.

Regular Contributor

I have purchased Denim & Co clothing for years and years and years (I even still own a few items with the sewn in blue neck tags), so I've seen a lot in this line .... and for a while now, I am pretty sad about their offerings ... and I barely order anything. 

They've discontinued basic "stand bys" (bottoms in stretch woven fabric, bootcut leggings, the "how timeless" styles), made tops so long that petites can no longer "get away with" the length (we're all not tall!!), increased prices by leaps and bounds, gotten far away from the "classic/traditional/slightly preppy" styles, prints are big and weird.  

Denim & Company used to be my "go to" line of clothing ... I am holding on tight to the pieces I have in my wardrobe from prior years ... they're the best.  They should return the line to its roots ... denims, all American, classic, affordable, fabrics that wear like iron but look polished and last, great colors, mix and match etc etc etc  ... and consider offering some plus petites (I've switched to a classic retailer that offers plus petites all the time, in great styles and colors, I get free shipping and I can walk in their brick & mortar store and return things that don't fit/flatter and incur no return shipping) ... that's where my clothing dollars are going these days.

Honored Contributor

Remember when D and C and Sport Savvy would offer complete outfits, tops and bottoms and sometimes even 3 piece outfits for one reasonable price, I still have some, still adorable . 

Valued Contributor

I love denim and Company but I'm having trouble with the fit for some reason. I did like some of you mentioned bought some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that come in short, not petite just short. I hate having to hem all the pants and the petites are too small.  Kohls has a very nice selection.  Enjoy Gary and Carolyn

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of D&C overall, but they are truly hit-or-miss when it comes to prints: some of the designs are classic and lovely, but many are absolutely hideous and most are just plain outdated. But the biggest complaint I have is the same one voiced throughout this thread—the pricing for this line is getting crazy! I'm a shopper that will totally buy every color or pattern in a style that I like, but I'm finding very few D&C items lately that seem worth the cost for even a single piece.

And as just one example of how clueless the buyers or merchandisers are, there's a top from D&C that I like a lot and put on my wish list shortly after it debuted because it's $48 and I don't feel it merits that price, so I thought I'd wait until it went on sale. We're almost up to the two-year mark now, and the price has never budged—yet it must not be a big seller if two of the colors I'm interested in have remained available in my size. I've seen many a free shipping sale in this timespan, always thinking I'd be adding this top to my cart to check it out, but nope...