Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Carolyn has to deal with the way Denim & Co clothing is cut as far as size. She has small shoulders and upper area and if she goes up a size to fit her better in the hip area then she is swimming in the upper area of the garment. This makes it difficult to get the best fit for her. 

No criticism of her is intended in the previous paragraph. I love her presentations. 

@Mindy D  Huh? Unless it's a jumpsuit or a pantsuit that's purchased as a set in one size, Carolyn, in this case, can buy one size to fit her hips properly and a smaller size to fit her shoulders. There are some brands of clothing that just don't fit one's body well in any size. In that case, cross it off the list and find another. This may be the case with Denim & Co. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

why is it so bad for the hosts to buy multiples, but the posters here who buy multiples are applauded?

@millieshops  Most likely hosts discuss purchasing multples to try to make more sales. I'm hoping the posters here are only acknowledging their favorable reviews of an item.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I agree on their motivation but neither they nor the posters who buy everything their favorite designers offers have ever convinced me to order more than one at a time.

i just don’t have a whole lot of sympathy or is it empathy for those of us who watch shopping channels and object to the hosts and vendors using selling triggers.  That’s what successful sales people do.  It just feels more blatant on the shopping channels and the info commercials.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Carolyn has to deal with the way Denim & Co clothing is cut as far as size. She has small shoulders and upper area and if she goes up a size to fit her better in the hip area then she is swimming in the upper area of the garment. This makes it difficult to get the best fit for her. 

No criticism of her is intended in the previous paragraph. I love her presentations. 

@Mindy D  Huh? Unless it's a jumpsuit or a pantsuit that's purchased as a set in one size, Carolyn, in this case, can buy one size to fit her hips properly and a smaller size to fit her shoulders. There are some brands of clothing that just don't fit one's body well in any size. In that case, cross it off the list and find another. This may be the case with Denim & Co. 

@Shanus   I think what @Mindy D may have been saying was not so much tops versus pants, but the top itself. I have noticed the same thing on Carolyn.  Her shoulders are much narrower than her middle area and hips (in fact, Carolyn has mentioned this multiple times on air).  When she wears a top that fits her shoulders and chest area very well, that same top tugs her middle and it becomes too small.

When she wears a top that fits her stomach area very well, it looks a little sloppy/big in the shoulders and chest area.  It's the way she built.  Most tops are a challenge for her. She is synonymous with D&C now, so there's not much she can do to get around that, except in non-D&C shows.

I have the opposite problem.  I have a fuller bustline, and I go in at the middle and hips.  A lot of tops are too snug on me at the shoulders and bust, then fit very well in the middle.  I hate that.  Then, I'll get a perfect fit in the bust, but it'll swim on me everywhere else, making me look much heavier.  I won't wear that top either.  One reason I will never wear Logo tops --  Lori designs tops that are fitted through the bustine and flow wide down from there.  They look awful on me.

I did see Carolyn in a Kim Gravel print top last week and she looked gorgeous in it!  It was perfect in every fit point on her.  

Respected Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Carolyn is a very down to earth special lady and host.  I don't think her clothes are too tight...just IMO...

you must have a different opinion of what is "too tight" than the rest of us; too often her "fashions" look like they've been sprayed on.

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Tommie1965 wrote:
Giving a Bronx cheer to the viewers who dislike the squirrel routine is quite rude. Insulting actually Smiley Sad

so what? it's the internet and anything goes. Maybe this isn't the right mb for you.

And since you think it's so awful, why did you jump in and get judgemental with the best of them?

hypocritical, much?

Super Contributor

I enjoy Carolyn's shows.  She seems very authentic to me.  Her pet friendly life style makes me smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@mcducky wrote:

I enjoy Carolyn's shows.  She seems very authentic to me.  Her pet friendly life style makes me smile.

@mcducky   I guess I'm too old to be fooled.  She isn't authentic to me at all.  And when she makes up stories and talks baby talk about animals, etc, I just roll my eyes and change the channel.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim&co carolyn

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Shanus  @Caaareful Shopper 

I agree with you about certain clothing lines that look   better than others depending on one's body shape....Personally, some make me look slender, while some are not flattering at all....Some clothing lines definitely are not for all...

As an example: BTW Carolyn is one of my favorite hosts...but one thing I noticed about Carolyn's body shape is that clothing tops/jackets that are shorter and the length ends just where the hips are widest are just not flattering for her figure.  She looks better in tops and jackets that are slightly longer...much more flattering....JMHO 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 

But I think she went back to taking the advice of the Q Stylist who says wearing clothes close to the body makes you look thinner (I know, I know, but thats the advice he gave her)....SMH

I think it's true that baggy clothing only makes us look larger. But really, so does skin tight clothing (unless you absolutely have no weight or cellulite issues). The truth is that clothing that is your size looks best. Your size as defined by what that is with the manufacturer.