Occasional Contributor

I think the stylists put small sizes on Carolyn by mistake. Body hugging clothes are NOT more flattering. Carolyn is a real person, not a thin super model. She should insist on clothes that fit her not what a stylists says. I have one complaint about other hosts not saying what size models who walk out are wearing. Carolyn does this. Models walk out and other hosts just chatter non stop and seldom give the sizes models are wearing. What are they there for???  Some hosts I cannot watch anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I recall Kathy Levine saying the same thing about clothing sizes.  Don't worry about it. Cut out the label if it bothers you. She also said she had the ability to eye up a garment and know if it would fit her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim&co carolyn

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf   I don't remember Kathy L. saying that, but I watched my Mom when growing up. She'd go in a store and ask for size 8s. If it was too small, she didn't purchase. God forbid, she'd go up to a size 10. If too tight, she'd go on a crash diet. She insisted she was only a size 8 across the board. 

Respected Contributor

Carolyn is a real person, not a thin super model.

Being 30 lbs. overweight does NOT make her a "real person" unless obesity has become the norm for people in this country.

Super Contributor

I rarely watch QVC anymore so it's funny to hear that they are still using the same old sales lines. If these sales people owned as much of the QVC merchandise that they say that they do they would have to own a couple of houses and a storage building to keep it all in! It is like watching reruns and I never did like watching reruns. Fifteen minutes to a half and hour to present an item that they just presented a very short time ago. I am just not into it. I check the website and am gone.

Super Contributor

Re: Denim&co carolyn

[ Edited ]

Not related to Carolyn especially, but totally related to the models on QVC. 
I'm a long time QVC clothes shopper.I have bought my clothes at the Q for decades. 
I am tired of SG, the D&C guy and others saying "They don't fit tight, they are loose and comfortable and make you look thin" etc.  This has been especially true the past few years.

Here's the thing...if they are not tight fitting why are the models, tiny and large sized, wearing them so tight?  If you want to sell them to me as comfortable and not skin tight, then stop making me look at ladies that are stuffed into their clothes.

It has bothered me for a long time and I so appreciate this post because it's SO TRUE.
Thanks for letting me let off some steam!

Do not tell me this apparel isn't tight fitting....when the models are all wearing that same apparel as tight fitting!!! Let me see what it looks like as "not skin tight" Please!

Respected Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

IG, that was not very nice to state about Carolyns wardrobe...we can't see what you look like.  She always looks nice...

It does't matter what IG (or any of the rest of us) look like; SHE's not the one trying to sell clothes that don't fit. And, no, Carolyn does NOT look nice in clothes that are too small--no one does. Either she should start wearing bigger clothes or lose some weight.

I know she had breast cancer a few years ago so some of her weight might be attributable to that but in any case, she should wear larger sizes that FIT.

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i love carolyn.  i'll tell you what i think, though.  i think they wear what they are told to wear.  i cannot believe that they always have a choice.

there is a plus sized model who i see often, dressed in  the most skin tight clothing ... pants so tight that you can see the cottage cheese on her legs. i cringe every time i see that.  i feel so bad for her.  

I'm pretty sure I know which one you mean. Does she have silver hair?

Respected Contributor

@Fribwl wrote:

Carolyn is one of the best hosts.  Love watching her and Gary. The squirrel routine is a hoot.  So much so that I bought a Nutsy squirrel for my grandson to play with when he comes to my house. Hope they never retire.

Were you there when she gave a bronx cheer to the people who think the squirrel bit is assinine?

Trusted Contributor
Giving a Bronx cheer to the viewers who dislike the squirrel routine is quite rude. Insulting actually Smiley Sad