Honored Contributor

Denim & Co. is stuck in a time warp -- or a style warp.

I really like Gary, but I just heard him say, "a t-shirt top like this, some jeans or joggers is great, and you probably wear this outfit every day, right?"   No Gary, No. 

Then in the Garolyn shows, you have to wait 5 extra minutes in each item's presentation for Carolyn to style a "beige top with the light tan colored french terry pants, and the cream big shirt, with the ....oh wait for it ...... the tan TSV sneakers.  See, isn't that a great outfit?"   No Thank you, Carolyn.

Lately, so much is so uninspired.  I can be matchy-matchy all on my own.  Nothing interests me in this line anymore.  I get great quality t-shirts and joggers at half the price elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

I have bought many items thru the years.Now the prices are absolutely out of hand.I am tired of Carolyn telling me she owns Seven of the item she is showing.Because she owns Everything,does not bring me to buy.With her silliness,an matchie matchie can't watch her anymore.Personally Gary,does just fine with other hosts,almost all do well.Am glad I don't buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@bewise wrote:

I have bought many items thru the years.Now the prices are absolutely out of hand.I am tired of Carolyn telling me she owns Seven of the item she is showing.Because she owns Everything,does not bring me to buy.With her silliness,an matchie matchie can't watch her anymore.Personally Gary,does just fine with other hosts,almost all do well.Am glad I don't buy.

@bewise  I can't watch Carolyn......too bossy and condescending.  Just because she owns seven of everything, everyone else should, too.  Sorry, don't have your money and discount.

Respected Contributor

I think the matching of colors and combinations is getting a little “frantic.” I assume the hosts doing fashion were instructed to highly suggest the outfit suggestions..it is not really an improvement to me.

I wonder why Shop HQ and even some fashion lines on HSN can present clothing for less and in some cases much less. They have to be using the same sources overseas, but QVC seems to have the highes markups..getting old.

Super Contributor

QVCJH... if you look at tags, I am sure that you will find that everything is made in China!

Respected Contributor

I really like D&C's basic clothes, with the exception of the prints and garish colors in many. The 95 cotton/5 span wears well and doesn't cling in my bumpy parts. However, the prices have gone up so much that I find shopping elsewhere for the same quality and same look at $20 or more less. I've resorted to purchasing my basics from Macy's or Belk and their sales are real sales. I like seeing the clothes on models, watching them move around shows me more than a fixed picture would, but I just can't pay their prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree prices on D&C are ridiculously high, the prints crazy & geared to the aged.  I do like their easy stretch jeans, but that's all.  Prices are up on everything, not just D&C.  I used to see Isaac's stuff at Target so he's not a huge name. 

Respected Contributor

Prices are getting out of control.  Most new tops are over $50 - 60!!  No way!!  And never mind the prices of jeans!  Insane.

Regular Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Denim & Co. is stuck in a time warp -- or a style warp.

I really like Gary, but I just heard him say, "a t-shirt top like this, some jeans or joggers is great, and you probably wear this outfit every day, right?"   No Gary, No. 

Then in the Garolyn shows, you have to wait 5 extra minutes in each item's presentation for Carolyn to style a "beige top with the light tan colored french terry pants, and the cream big shirt, with the ....oh wait for it ...... the tan TSV sneakers.  See, isn't that a great outfit?"   No Thank you, Carolyn.

Lately, so much is so uninspired.  I can be matchy-matchy all on my own.  Nothing interests me in this line anymore.  I get great quality t-shirts and joggers at half the price elsewhere.

Perfectly said! 

I have nothing to add except your "No Gary, no" = LOL!

Contributor

Yes - after 10 years, with no remaining sales slip, the entire purchase price (& tax) was refunded by C. I rarely shop anywhere else.