Trusted Contributor

The prices are getting out of hand.This  am watching,they had a sweater on for 78 dollars.are they crazy.All the items are very high.Regular tee's are 50 or60;dollars.Goodthing I don't need a thing.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I agree D&Co has evolved their line into a "old ladies" line. I don't think that is "ageism." My mother wore tops and pants just like D&Co offers now. She loved that look and always looked nice; however, she would look out-of-date wearing them today.

I much prefer CCB's line. Her line is more "ageless," and looks fresh and new. Her line is really the only line I'm interested in these days. I'm petite and light weight, so her line is perfect for me. Isaac has fell way behind in his collection. He's not interested in "designing" anymore and barely knows what is being shown. All he can talk about is Pima cotton and colors now. 

Not at all interested in Peace, Love, and World. Not interested in wearing affirmations on my clothing.

Joan Rivers, stale and no movement towards expanding.

Barefoot Dreams reminds me of bathrobes.

Ugh to Dennis. 

More than fashion, I now look at what the Q has in handbags and shoes. Where I used to spend lots on clothing, I spend it other places now. I liked it when the Q had many fashion vendors, before they got rid of all of them.

I agree with most of what you stated.  I do buy some clothes, mainly Susan Graver, as long as it is not liquid knit which I find clingy.  Isaac is overpriced and yes, how many Pima cotton tshirts can one have?  Dennis Basso is nice quality but not my style. I don't need a lot of handbags as I am retired and not dressing up as much. Shoes, I rarely buy because I need a perfect fit and its too expensive paying shipping both ways when they don't fit me properly.  I do buy some home things and kitchen items, but that has slowed down too.  I really lthink the bulk of qvc shoppers are people who do not like to go to brick and mortar and just find it easier to shop online.  If I were purely an online shopper I would like qvc so you can see the item on tv and described.  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday Pat James D. had on a nice looking sweater when lshe was on with Valerie.

I searched to find it and nearly fainted.  It was a new sweater from Laurie Felt and was $92.75.  Made of 67% polyester and the rest acrylic.  When I looked it up it said hurry, low inventory!  To me that is just crazy but Laurie Felt is from California and it costs a lot to live there - haha.

Valued Contributor

I have been checking out clearance items and lunchtime specials. The new prices are insane. I have no problem waiting a bit.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AZAK wrote:

Sherri - we're a household of only 2, yet we keep the basic Costco membership to avoid empty shelve issues and keep our expenses at a minimum. My membership is $65 a year & I'm certain that I save that amount every month in clothing, Rxs, foods, household goods, and gas! My daughter will shop in WalMart occasionally and comes home disgusted with quality, customer service and prices. They also have a lot of empty shelves.

I once had an outdoor swing for about 10 years, but the fabric shredded in AZ's sun. Costco gave me 100% refund (without a sales receipt). Where else can you get better customer service then that?

@AZAK  - Are you saying that Costco gave you a refund on a swing that you owned for 10 years?

Costco would do that.  A few years ago my DD worked their customer service desk and yes, people would return things w/o a receipt after having the items for some years.  I also remember she saying people would buy a big screen tv before a big football game and return it the week after the game with no problem.  I wonder if Costco still adheres to that policy.

Honored Contributor

@Sjca wrote:

Ridiculous jump in pricing ... not anywhere near as good as designer clothing.  Get a grip....same clothes for TRIPLE the price I paid for them just a few years ago.  I feel sorry for those who are now getting GOUGED!  I won't be buying anything from D&C.

@Sjca   You're exaggerating.  I buy a lot of D&C and nothing has tripled or even doubled in price except maybe jeans due to increased cotton prices, and the jeans increase is seen across all lines.

When D&C sells a tee shirt, its not an ordinary Wal-Mart quality tee.  It has design details, nicer fabric content, printed fabric, tunic length, pockets or something that sets it apart from the ordinary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

QVC sets its prices comparable to the open market.  It appears it doesn't compare itself to Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's or even Penneys, but to Saks, Bloomingdales and Neiman-Marcus.

QVC usually markets itself as "high-end" when it comes to fashion.

Hence, the high prices and this was happening before COVID hit.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 Sorry, but D & C has increased prices even from last year & while I realize the cost of goods have gone up since the pandemic, I know they had much more reasonable clearance prices last year because I bought several items reasonably priced. Clearance at B&M stores such as Macy's & Kohl's have much better clearances.

Why always bring up Walmart?

Honored Contributor

For some reason last night I was watching the Q at midnight when Gary and Jane were doing the Denim & Co show.  They were presenting a pair of jeans and Gary said, "We have many requests for jeans that are larger in the rear and thighs."  I thought to myself "Are you kidding?!?!"  IMO D & Co jeans are way to big in the hips and thighs already, so for me, they're a no go.

However, I will say, once in a blue moon D & Co will come up with something that really takes me by surprise.  I have a blouse that I bought in three colors that looks like a garment worth five times the price I paid.

Frequent Contributor
@faeriemoon You’ve got me curious - what was the D & Co blouse you got 3 of? I occasionally buy from EBay and might try to find one. Do you have the item number?