Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina  Have you ever bought a tee shirt from Walmart? FYI, D&C prices have gone up at least $10 to $15 ler item.  Maybe this is not an issue with you but for many it has become a game of how much more can I charge for an item.

QVC used to tout there is no middlemen so they can be competitive in pricing. It is not the case anymore. We like to get the most for our money without compromising. 

If the Q works for you, great but many are not in agreement. Everybody has different price points and unless you tried it, don't knock it.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Kachina  Have you ever bought a tee shirt from Walmart? FYI, D&C prices have gone up at least $10 to $15 ler item.  Maybe this is not an issue with you but for many it has become a game of how much more can I charge for an item.

QVC used to tout there is no middlemen so they can be competitive in pricing. It is not the case anymore. We like to get the most for our money without compromising. 

If the Q works for you, great but many are not in agreement. Everybody has different price points and unless you tried it, don't knock it.

@elated   I agree.  There is no way I would pay Q's prices for a T shirt.  Walmart and Amazon both have good brands

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant    It seems you just have a problem with everything sold on QVC.  Yesterday you were complaining about Renee's ugly maxi dress.  

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know there was a certain number of complaints one can make on the forum.

Respected Contributor

There is also no restriction on pointing out the number of times that another poster complains.

It's all open, public and free for commentary.  The entire world can see and opine.

Occasional Contributor

I think perhaps the better modifier might be "dated" not an age reference.  When I see certain patterns and fabrics I see dated clothing.  Check a couple higher end websites or brick and mortar stores and you will get a better idea of current style. Classics always remain; solids, simple stripes or subtle plaids. That said, wear what makes you happy. They're your clothes and should make you feel good. 

Super Contributor

I own a closet full of D&C but for the last year or so I've had trouble finding tops that suit my taste. Gary's big bold prints that enter the room before I do aren't my style. Something a little more subdued is better. D&C clothing is generally  made in China, which may affect prices.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Those who are claiming certain brands are dowdy and unstylish are probably talking about how they themselves appear when wearing clothing.

One person can wear something and appear dowdy while another person can wear the same thing and look completely different.  It's all about one's overall appearance.

I don't see how one can deem an entire clothing line as dowdy and unstylish.

@San Antonio Gal 

You make an excellent point that needs to be said.  

I associated granny dressing when I was young with polyester mid-calf dresses in prints worn by apple shaped elderly women, often with an accompanying belt.  The Aunt Bee kind of dress. 

However, I saw some being sold last year, yes, even on QVC.  A few of the models looked rather cute in them.  

Respected Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

I own a closet full of D&C but for the last year or so I've had trouble finding tops that suit my taste. Gary's big bold prints that enter the room before I do aren't my style. Something a little more subdued is better. D&C clothing is generally  made in China, which may affect prices.

D&Co includes a wide variety of prints—it is an overstatement to say that everything in the line has big, bold prints.

Super Contributor

I only buy clearance items now…TRULY clearance!