Respected Contributor

Denim & Co Beach Pants (A474689)

Anyone who ordered the Denim & Co PETITE beach pants receive them yet?  I ordred them on 5/9 and have received 3 notices that they are delayed.  I'm wondering if I'll ever receive them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Beach Pants (A474689)

@ScrapHappy The ones I got this year were way too long and back they went.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ScrapHappy The ones I got this year were way too long and back they went.

Oh darn.  The petite length?  I ordered petite (I usually order regular) because I thought the length would be better for me.  

Super Contributor

These are 2" shorter than D&Co "normal" beach pants, so length should be fine. I don't see any reviews under the petite yet, so maybe nobody has. I'm still waiting on other orders from the 9th myself.

Respected Contributor

I reeceived these pants in the blue and was disappointed in the quaiity compared to beach pants in previous years.  The petite length was OK for me as i am only 5'2 but the fabric and cut was definitely not the same.  Felt very cheap to me and back they went.  Hope this isn't the wave of the future.   I have so many of the D&C beach pants from other years and love them.  This year's are definitely not the same.

Respected Contributor

I didn't realize they were back.    I purchased  a pair of the ones that were received early  this year and supposed to be the most purchased pattern.  Price sure went up.

Trusted Contributor

Several years ago I purchased the D&C Beach Pants A397050 in black 'As Is' for $10.31, I choose the 'tall' which were too long, so I cut them without hemming to my preferred length thinking if they fray after washing so be it, but they did not and have never shrunk after numerous washings, still wearing these pants almost daily for 2 years now, so comfortable. 

I did re-order a regular length several weeks later (after my first purchase) that were still at the 'As Is' price.  They wash & dry beautifully, too.

Frequent Contributor

@KathyM23  The pants that are referenced here are not the traditional beach pants. The new prints haven't come in yet per Gary (they are expected to arrive in all the new prints this month). The pants for the item number here are totally different (except in the cut/silouhette). This is just a different option for over swimsuits etc. I wondered the same thing and Gary confirmed these are NOT the beach pants that everyone waits for each year. 

Respected Contributor

@Jeletta   Thanks for the info.  I'll look forward to the new beach pants!

Super Contributor

@SoCal Bred, I wonder if those are the same ones I have? I have them in black and, no kidding, wear them at least twice a week (currently have to be in the office 3 days per week). I am barely 5’3”, so they are ankle length on me. The fabric is so much nicer than I was expecting, much too nice for the beach! I have had them probably 3 years, and they wash beautifully, still look new. They can be worn with layered tops through most of the year. I am sorry to hear that the current version is such inferior quality. I was considering buying another pair, but now I won’t.