Respected Contributor

I've been reading several posts about delays at various post offices. I'm right there with you. I had a package shipped from QVC on July 7. It got as far as Lehigh Valley, PA on July 15. That's unusual as most of my packages get stuck in Bridgeport NJ. 

Anyway, I went to the USPS site and filled out the form for a missing package and got the standard letter about investigating the matter. Hopefully I'll get my package. Someday.

Interesting article I read about the changes the PO is going through . . . . . .

Postal Service memos detail ‘difficult’ changes, including slower mail delivery

Honored Contributor

Re: Delays At The Post Office

Really discouraging info as I wait for an important piece of mail to show up.  

I know I've removed the routine mailings from the PO over the years, but I still read more easily from print for magazines and newspapers, so there's some of that in my box.Plus occasional letters and cards   And every once in a while, as now, something a company needs me to see that their email informed me is coming via "postal mail."   

Scary to imagine what the new normal of the US mail will become.

Trusted Contributor

I find it interesting that your article states that there is competition with Amazon.  The post office is making deliveries on Sundays specifically for Amazon Prime.  We don't have Amazon delivery here.  I would imagine that the Post Office is likely taking a loss on those Sunday deliveries for Amazon.  If I as a resident chose a Sunday delivery for a normal package I would be paying a premium price.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 Try Googling -  I know there's been press about the relationship between Amazon and the PO.   As of the time I was rreading, they need each other although I don't know that I read anything speciic to Sunday deliveries.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@mimomof4 Try Googling -  I know there's been press about the relationship between Amazon and the PO.   As of the time I was rreading, they need each other although I don't know that I read anything speciic to Sunday deliveries.

@millieshops The post office has been in such a bad financial position for so long I would expect that they don't have the best contract with Amazon.  I'm not an Amazon shopper,  I only mention Sunday deliveries because I have neighbors that have deliveries every single Sunday from the Post Office mail truck- Amazon boxes.  Another nosey neighbor did ask our mail carrier who told her it was all Amazon Prime deliveries on Sundays.  We found it strange that all of a sudden late last year the mail truck was going down the road every single Sunday until we found this out.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops The post office has been in such a bad financial position for so long I would expect that they don't have the best contract with Amazon.  I'm not an Amazon shopper,  I only mention Sunday deliveries because I have neighbors that have deliveries every single Sunday from the Post Office mail truck- Amazon boxes.  Another nosey neighbor did ask our mail carrier who told her it was all Amazon Prime deliveries on Sundays.  We found it strange that all of a sudden late last year the mail truck was going down the road every single Sunday until we found this out.

I don't have Prime and have gotten Sunday delivery of my Amazon orders from the post office.

Esteemed Contributor

Our local news said that our Post Office was only going to be open 6 hours M-F to buy stamps and mail packages...

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt Thank you for this very thought-provoking article! Much of it confirms what we've been anticipating, and or experiencing for a while, but this certainly puts it into perspective. It's really difficult watching what is happening to the postal service-just sad😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the post office has become even worse with the deliveries. This is what they wrote in April 2020, but of course with what you posted, it is worse. Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 6.05.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 6.05.30 PM.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many changes at the PO these days. Smiley Sad

I remember growing up when we had the same mailman for years. The only time we got a new one was when the old one finally retired.

In recent years, we had the same mailman for about 6 months and then they would change their route.

These days it seems like we get a new mailman every few weeks.

We have Amazon Prime and none of our packages have ever been delivered through the PO.