Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/29/2015 moonchilde said:
On 3/28/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/28/2015 moonchilde said:
On 3/28/2015 stevieb said:

Community standards don't say you can't be critical... There is a way to do it without being heinous about it...

Consistency would be nice, but I'd prefer the err on the side of simply leaving things alone. Being consistently quick on the trigger finger would be worse than being inconsistent.

I do, though, think moderators should delete posts based on reports from another poster only after they've read it and it is <em>clearly</em> a violation, and NOT just because someone got ticked off and decided to whine and it's just easier to delete it than it is not to...

ITA. The *moderator* should decide if something is delete-worthy, not just assume that because 2 people reported it that it MUST be offensive and so deleted. But the moderator should have some qualification or training for this.

Unfortunately, it's often not whole threads that should be poofed, but posters who enter the thread with strong opinions who make the choice to post personally insulting comments about other posters. And then the back-and-forth with forum BFFs joining in. All that does is stress the attacked and please the sharks - neither desirable.

It's perfectly possible to post something that mods feel is too controversial, too political, etc. about a *topic* that mods may feel it's best to delete, without mods feeling the poster *tried* to be nasty. Just a judgment call. But if mods see a pattern of posters choosing to be personally insulting, IMO they should make note of the frequency that person is reported, make note of *what* was said, and take it higher if they can't decide on their own if a person should be warned, suspended or banned.

I just feel like we are all adults and should be able to either ignore or put up with certain things if you don't like it and I know for one, I certainly don't want to pay QVC more money because they have to pay someone to be trained to know when to delete a post or to pay a person to solely work the forums, which I am sure they don't right now.I think that is just silly for supposed adults.

But I don't think personal things about a host or vendor should be tolerated.

Some people just don't like to be called out for their hypocrisy, passive aggressive posts, etc. and when they are, they cry to the forum police.

And I suppose you'd all want this post deleted too because it might offend your sensibilities. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Bwahaha! You are so wrong. I can give as good as I get if I choose to bother, but let most of what's on here roll right off my back. But I'm assuming from your response that you're perfectly okay with calling people deliberately derogatory names, telling them they're s t u p i d, allowing hate speech and just all-around obvious-to-everyone direct insults? Good with you? Got it.

You ASSume alot and your assumptions are incorrect. Some simply don't want anyone to disagree with them and when they do, they feel like they are "getting attacked" and it is just wrong. They must not live in the real world and can't handle anyone disagreeing with them or when someone corrects them when they spread misinformation and flat out lies.

You can look through my posting history and see that I am one of the most vocal against bashing and calling people names but I will call someone out if they are being passive aggressive and/or trying to "innocently" stir the pot. If you can't handle being called out, perhaps ignore my posts or maybe stop trying to stir the pot. It is that simple and as an adult, I think you should be able to handle those types of posts without crying to webbie.

Serious non-comprehension here, but I'm sure it's deliberate and not accidental, for your own uninformed/misinformed reasons.

I happen to agree with most of what you've said above, and why on earth you think I believe the opposite is beyond me. My post (have you gotten confused who posted what?) clearly states I am talking about moderating no-question-about-it deliberate insults, and nothing else. The too easily offended, quickest to shout bully posters make me crazy - as do posters whose reading comprehension is spotty and selective, because no mature mutual discourse is possible.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/28/2015 moonchilde said:
On 3/28/2015 stevieb said:

Community standards don't say you can't be critical... There is a way to do it without being heinous about it...

Consistency would be nice, but I'd prefer the err on the side of simply leaving things alone. Being consistently quick on the trigger finger would be worse than being inconsistent.

I do, though, think moderators should delete posts based on reports from another poster only after they've read it and it is <em>clearly</em> a violation, and NOT just because someone got ticked off and decided to whine and it's just easier to delete it than it is not to...

ITA. The *moderator* should decide if something is delete-worthy, not just assume that because 2 people reported it that it MUST be offensive and so deleted. But the moderator should have some qualification or training for this.

Unfortunately, it's often not whole threads that should be poofed, but posters who enter the thread with strong opinions who make the choice to post personally insulting comments about other posters. And then the back-and-forth with forum BFFs joining in. All that does is stress the attacked and please the sharks - neither desirable.

It's perfectly possible to post something that mods feel is too controversial, too political, etc. about a *topic* that mods may feel it's best to delete, without mods feeling the poster *tried* to be nasty. Just a judgment call. But if mods see a pattern of posters choosing to be personally insulting, IMO they should make note of the frequency that person is reported, make note of *what* was said, and take it higher if they can't decide on their own if a person should be warned, suspended or banned.

I just feel like we are all adults and should be able to either ignore or put up with certain things if you don't like it and I know for one, I certainly don't want to pay QVC more money because they have to pay someone to be trained to know when to delete a post or to pay a person to solely work the forums, which I am sure they don't right now.I think that is just silly for supposed adults.

But I don't think personal things about a host or vendor should be tolerated.

Some people just don't like to be called out for their hypocrisy, passive aggressive posts, etc. and when they are, they cry to the forum police.

And I suppose you'd all want this post deleted too because it might offend your sensibilities. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Bwahaha! You are so wrong. I can give as good as I get if I choose to bother, but let most of what's on here roll right off my back. But I'm assuming from your response that you're perfectly okay with calling people deliberately derogatory names, telling them they're s t u p i d, allowing hate speech and just all-around obvious-to-everyone direct insults? Good with you? Got it.

You ASSume alot and your assumptions are incorrect. Some simply don't want anyone to disagree with them and when they do, they feel like they are "getting attacked" and it is just wrong. They must not live in the real world and can't handle anyone disagreeing with them or when someone corrects them when they spread misinformation and flat out lies.

You can look through my posting history and see that I am one of the most vocal against bashing and calling people names but I will call someone out if they are being passive aggressive and/or trying to "innocently" stir the pot. If you can't handle being called out, perhaps ignore my posts or maybe stop trying to stir the pot. It is that simple and as an adult, I think you should be able to handle those types of posts without crying to webbie.

Serious non-comprehension here, but I'm sure it's deliberate and not accidental, for your own uninformed/misinformed reasons.

I happen to agree with most of what you've said above, and why on earth you think I believe the opposite is beyond me. My post (have you gotten confused who posted what?) clearly states I am talking about moderating no-question-about-it deliberate insults, and nothing else. The too easily offended, quickest to shout bully posters make me crazy - as do posters whose reading comprehension is spotty and selective, because no mature mutual discourse is possible.

right back atcha since you did not comprehend my response to you was in response to your comment that I must be okay with calling people stupid and other names. Spotty reading comprehension from you at its' best, I'd say. Wink

And I am done with this conversation because you are just spinning your wheels. I think we are mostly on the same page but you seem to want to read more into things that what has been posted, almost searching for something to be offended about or argue about, and I just simply have no interest in a fruitless back and forth.

Respected Contributor

How about a compromise?

How about if it's okay for posters to have a heated debate or conversation with each other, so long as no one:

starts a verbal pile on (going back and forth with fellow posters about how ignorant, stupid, dumb, misinformed, ridiculous they are)

snarks just for the sake of snarking (you had a bad day and you decide to take it out on someone else)

starts hitting the report button if someone respectfully disagrees with you about something

suspects the worst of a poster and/or calls them a troll just because they have a low post count, has a high post count, etc.

name calling

follows other posters from thread to thread just to be rude and harass them

encourages other posters to do any of the above

---

I know those are a lot of things, but perhaps at the very least some of those might help. It might also help if posters didn't take things too personally and didn't post with one another while feeling emotional about something. If someone doesn't like a product and/or a vendor, it doesn't mean that they hate or dislike the vendor or the people that like the vendor.

Just ignore all of the above if you don't agree with it, though. These are just suggestions, nothing written in stone.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Crisso said:

Yes. I had a good chuckle when on another post someone said she had contacted QVC about other posters, and it was a situation much as you describe. The chuckle was that she drew attention to her own posting history by doing this! lol

You know that I know that you know! Wink

Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 HappyDaze said:

Yes. I had a good chuckle when on another post someone said she had contacted QVC about other posters, and it was a situation much as you describe. The chuckle was that she drew attention to her own posting history by doing this! lol

ya' can't win. Just posted pictures of a certain skirt style and I was accused of spamming. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/30/2015 HappyDaze said:

ya' can't win. Just posted pictures of a certain skirt style and I was accused of spamming. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

What? How can a skirt be spam?{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Don't worry, be Happy!