Occasional Contributor

Re: Dear Webbies, I don't think it's fair that you poof my posts but leave others...

I moderate forums on a volunteer basis for another site, and I can tell you that reported posts get the most attention. While it may seem obvious to you that there are other offensive threads on the board, moderators don't have time to look at them all, so they may not have seen them. There are hundreds of threads here and probably only a few moderators. When a post is reported, there is usually a link directly to that post, so it is possible that they aren't looking at the entire forum. While the moderators of this forum may be employed by QVC, I am sure they have other duties, so they aren't searching the forums hour after hour. If you see something that is questionable, report it, and at least that will put it on the moderators' radar.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dear Webbies, I don't think it's fair that you poof my posts but leave others...

On 3/9/2015 BillyBob20 said:

I have noticed the same thing the OP mentions. A bash Carolyn thread seemingly disappears yet a bash Kerstin, Courtney, or Amy thread somehow still exists. Makes no sense.

Perhaps that's because Caroyln is an established, well-respected host, whereas the other three are relative "newbies" who seem to be polarizing. I believe they are still being evaluated by management. So their bosses want to monitor public reaction in order to determine their futures at the Q.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 golfcartrider said:
On 3/10/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/4/2015 wildcat fan said: that are practically the same or worse than mine. I know that it's your board, and you can do what you want, but I feel you should be more consistent.
Life isn't fair. Get over it.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} some people are just plain rude.

Yes, some people are. Read some of your own posts.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

On 3/10/2015 handygal said:
On 3/9/2015 BillyBob20 said:

I have noticed the same thing the OP mentions. A bash Carolyn thread seemingly disappears yet a bash Kerstin, Courtney, or Amy thread somehow still exists. Makes no sense.

Perhaps that's because Caroyln is an established, well-respected host, whereas the other three are relative "newbies" who seem to be polarizing. I believe they are still being evaluated by management. So their bosses want to monitor public reaction in order to determine their futures at the Q.

I highly doubt that's the reason otherwise those 3 would've been gone before they were even made permanent hosts. Their not gonna have them spend 3 - 5 years on the air presenting products while "evaluating" if they work out or not. I think it's more the fact that a lot of people here don't like when something negative is said about Carolyn so they alert the mod to delete the posts and these same people also don't like Kerstin, Courtney or Amy so they just don't do anything and the posts stay. Now i'm all for having constructive criticism of hosts but if negative posts about Carolyn are going to poofed every single time then it's only fair that negative posts about other hosts get poofed too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 wildcat fan said: that are practically the same or worse than mine. I know that it's your board, and you can do what you want, but I feel you should be more consistent.

I don't think that was rude. I think that was straightforward but certainly not rude.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I don't think that was rude. I think that was straightforward but certainly not rude.

The OP has just as much right as anyone to post an opinion and to be told that life is not fair and to get over it is rude. Why should she be chastised for an opinion, and I agree with her statement so does that mean I should "get over it" too?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 golfcartrider said:

The OP has just as much right as anyone to post an opinion and to be told that life is not fair and to get over it is rude. Why should she be chastised for an opinion, and I agree with her statement so does that mean I should "get over it" too?

We all have opinions and Kachina's is as valid as the OP's. In reality, life isn't fair and the sooner we learn that, the easier it is to move forward.

Respected Contributor

We all have opinions and Kachina's is as valid as the OP's. In reality, life isn't fair and the sooner we learn that, the easier it is to move forward.

I do agree that Kachina's opinion is valid but she could have been a little nicer with less sarcasm.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I do agree that Kachina's opinion is valid but she could have been a little nicer with less sarcasm.

It must be all in how we interpret something. You see sarcasm and I don't. That's ok though.

Esteemed Contributor

The Temptations threads are the worst. There are certain posters who target certain other posters if they dare to post anything negative about their precious product. And they succeed... it makes a lot of us wonder if certain ones are on Tara's payroll, and they also seem to carry a lot of weight with the moderators. It never ceases to amaze me the posts that are taken off and the ones that are left. It's very one-sided.