Frequent Visitor

Dear QVC - Kerstin today on Re-Body show 7/7/17

[ Edited ]

Dear QVC,  I am not easily offended nor easily prompted to comment on it if I am, but wow the way Kerstin went off today on those of us that may be post menopausal with unhealthy fat stomachs and to go off on her unwelcome commentary that "we all look at people's stomachs even if unconsciously (and I guess judge them).....and therefore we are less attractive to members of the opposite sex since they will perceive a fat stomach as an unhealthy, less attractive person. We want someone that will be around for a long time without cardiovascular problems. You may be fat other places but really only the stomach fat is where we're judged most"...............................

That is an unbelievable series of statements that she made. Tell me all you want (and all that I will listen to) about how great the product is, but If she cannot slow down and think before she speaks, you can keep her shows.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Dear QVC - Kerstin today on Re-Body show 7/7/17

I always get that judgmental vibe from her, so now she is an immediate click.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Yup, she's one of my "clickables", also!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

Not good at all. Never a good idea to offend your customers. I wasn't watching but I'll certainly look at her differently now. 

Respected Contributor

It's sad but true.  We are judged by the way that we look.  I don't think she said anything wrong. I think I'll go do 100 sit-ups now.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hmmm ... where I have seen this exact comment before?

Valued Contributor

Automatic channel changer for me no matter what she's selling. I get tired of her over inflated ego and all the posing!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes it's true we are judged by how we look along with what bag we carry, what car we drive etc.. That being said coming from a thin lady like her most people find that kind of comment off putting. Coming from a bigger girl we can take it but not so much from the skinny ones. 

Valued Contributor

This is why I mute her, she doesn't think before she speaks. My question is , aren't they monitored, and maybe told to try and watch what they say? Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see this, but l can't say that l'm surprised...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~