Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dear QVC: A petite inseam is 28 inches!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@DeniseColo wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

The industry standard for a petite inseam is 28 inches. Why, I wonder, has QVC been selling petite slacks with a 29 inch inseam???? Please offer petite slacks in the 28 inch nseam if you are advertising petite slacks.

Surely I am not the only lady that is hampered by an inseam longer than 28 inches. 

dee

@deedledeedeedle

I think it's rather selfish that you want only your 28" inseam available so you don't have to pay extra for hemming.  What do you think all the petite ladies who need shorter inseams have to do?  Perhaps the petite standard should be my 27" inseam so that I don't have to pay for hemming?

I didn't even realize there was an "industry standard" for inseam lengths.  I've seen all sorts of lengths in all three categories (petites, regular, tall).  Personally,  I think it's great that manufacturers do this so that more people can find the proper length pants off-the-rack...or...so that we can all be equally frustrated -- depending on how you look at it!  

Just be thankful you can easily find pants that are at least long enough for you.  My sister-in-law is tired of wearing her pants as capri/crop/ankle-length or having to tuck them into boots because it is almost impossible to find 36" inseam jeans that are affordable.

The average American woman is 5' 3-3/4" tall and weighs l66 lbs. Now if that is average, a petite shouldn't be 29". After all, that's why they offer different lengths, to fit the most people so they don't have to be tailored.

Valued Contributor

I am 5' ft 3" and my inseam is 29 inches..So,if I want a pair of pants to only reach my ankle.than 29" is fine..But I usually buy regular.so that if I want to wear a heel of any kind it will look nice..i guess I have longer legs for a small woman.

Trusted Contributor

I agree!  I don't want to be forced to wear 3 inch heels with every pair of slacks.  They seem to offer the 29 inch inseams so regular sized women can wear them with flats, and then wear heels with the regular inseams.  I don't think they really care about offering a true petite pant.