Trusted Contributor

Dear QVC: A petite inseam is 28 inches!!!!!!

The industry standard for a petite inseam is 28 inches. Why, I wonder, has QVC been selling petite slacks with a 29 inch inseam???? Please offer petite slacks in the 28 inch nseam if you are advertising petite slacks.

Surely I am not the only lady that is hampered by an inseam longer than 28 inches. 

dee

Respected Contributor

Re: Dear QVC: A petite inseam is 28 inches!!!!!!

I totally agree with you on that. Actually my perfect inseam would be 27" but don't think there is such an animal. They are missing out on a lot of business ignoring truely petite people. I do buy the 28 and hope it shrinks a little. Can't wear heals, bad back.

Respected Contributor

I just bought some Susan Graver petite pants and they're 28" - the "everyday" liquid knit.  Macy's sells some petite pants with a 30" inseam - crazy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I also fit well with the 28 inch inseam......the 27 inch is just a bit short and there never is much of a hem to lengthen them....I am between 5' 1" - 5' 2"......................

Honored Contributor

I'm 5ft 3 and certainly do not have longer legs for a petite. A 28 inseam is fine for me in a straight leg pant wearing flats, but even a 21/2 in heel with that inseam is out of the question, I need 29 inches. Why can't they offer a 27 to 29 inch inseam for the petites, the industry does it for men. 

Honored Contributor

I am 5 foot 2 and my perfect inseam (I measured it some time ago) is exactlly 26-1/2 inches. 28 in a tad long but doable.

i like the D&C petites as most of the inseams are 27" or 28' but nothing longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been shopping for jeans and was just before I saw this thread watching an Isaac w/Amy presentation of petite straight leg jeans. Amy said the petites are 29 inches. No wonder they were all baggy around the petite model's ankles. In fact Isaac had her turn them up and got all goo goo about how cute they looked that way. WHAT! She shouldn't have to! And just yesterday I received a pair I ordered from Lee in what was supposed to be a 28 inch inseam.......they're 29. I already washed them hoping they'd shrink up a bit but no such luck. So hard to get petite in the right length.

Esteemed Contributor

29" seems to be the preferred and chosen length for petites.

I've heard Pat D. and Susan G. both suggest buying a pair of Regular and a pair of Petite's. They both do. Pat is 5'6" and Susan is 5'4". They do that so they can wear flats with their petites.

Now, if 5'6" Pat can wear a petite in her flats, where does that leave a true petite of maybe 5'2". Yes, it leaves her going to the tailor for her petites.

Respected Contributor

27 is perfect for me, but in a boot cut i can do 28. Anything longer-even 28.5, I have to roll or bunch up or hem if possible.  28.5 drags the ground, not pretty.  I have to wear sneakers or flat soft boots with support always.  26 for ankle length.  It’s a never-ending battle.

Honored Contributor

I have fought the inseam issue too.  Lands End offers great pants and jeans with either a 28" inseam.  They have some pants they'll hem for free too.  They just had a 40% off promo code so I bought a couple of pair.  

Otherwise, I found a local tailor who will hem them for $10-15.  He does a great job and it's just part of the cost for me.