New Contributor

Re: Dear Q - guess what I didn't buy today?

I wish that this stream was called shipping scam! I am so unbelievably mad that there was all this hype about reduced shipping, which was never much to hype about anyway, only to find out that they are making it up by no longer reimbursing on returns. Almost every major retailer has free shipping for over a certain dollar amout, usually 50. Why QVC can't figure this out is crazy. Even if they had a program like Amazon prime that would make more sense. What really really aggravates me I'd they now are only going to reimburse shipping for a defect. I bought three pairs of the same pants ( different color) and they absolutely are cut different. Two I had to return, one I kept. That sounds like a defect to me. How do we keep focus on this issue?? I think we just have to be relentless with calling customer service to complain. They can read this and move on, but talking to a customer service rep takes time.
Occasional Contributor

Dear Q, This weekend I didn't buy an Isaac M. T-shirt dress and didn't buy Marc Fischer wedge sandals. Isaac clothing is not always a good fit and lots who reviewed the sandals warned there were sizing issues. So it's too risky to purchase now considering the cost of returns if you are not satisfied. I bought an adorable pair of Born wedge sandals from HSN instead.
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 gardensla said:
On 3/11/2015 handygal said:
On 3/11/2015 Krita said:

Don't know if anyone has tried/done this, but if I have more than one item to return, I put everything into ONE package, using ONE return label. Have never been charged more than one return shipping amount by doing so. AND -- PS: I have returned items more than 30 days after receiving them and have never had such a return refused. S-h-h-h-h -- don't tell anybody.

Years ago l returned a leather jacket to what was then ShopNBC, a few days after their 30-day policy. A couple of weeks later, l received the same box back from them. They had sent me back the jacket! All because it was a few days late. Nit-picky and ridiculous! That's when they lost me as a customer.

QVC did this to me not long ago. I ordered something on wait list on September 19; the 20th was the day the extended holiday return window began. The item shipped about a month later. I returned it after Christmas figuring it was from the date of shipping, not the date of order which was after 9/20. They returned the item to me. I didn't bother to argue; perhaps I should have!

Yes you should have. That is awful and unbelievable of them. It should have been from the time the item shipped not from the time you ordered it. Hey, if order fulfillment were always more proximate in time to the date an order is placed it might be different, but it's not, so it's not! Regardless, it's one darned day and they should be fully ashamed of having done this. More and more there is less and less incentive to continue shopping here. I am incredulous about this...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Nothing is ever free. If the shipping fee is less the make up monies is usually padded in the initial price.

New Contributor

Yep, QVC has certainly made some unpopular changes. Maybe they think they'll draw a new audience? I realize that everything everywhere, from retail to eateries have raised prices. But you don't have to pretend the new shipping is a deal. It's not! As for sizing on clothing, there have been so many on air remarks by vendors as well as hosts about standard QVC sizing. Well, as you know, they are not all the same.

QVC, please on the emails that you send about returns and how much is to be refunded, please give us a breakdown. I have returned several items in the same bag but it appears that I'm still charged multiple return shipping charges. At least let us know. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

And to add insult to injury---check out the prices and shipping on your TV screen...you will see the new shipping, but they've raised the prices which coincidentally is the difference between the old and the new shipping too.....and now no discount for multiples shipped to the same address...{#emotions_dlg.glare} I think QVC actually thought the customers wouldn't catch on with all the negatives about these changes....And the excuse that "your paying for convenience" that just doesn't fly when other retailers are offering better deals.....

A friend purchased a top from QVC her normal size, it didn't fit and she was shocked when I told her about QVC's new rules, and she would have to pay the $6.95 for using the return label and wouldn't get her $3 shipping back either....her comment NEVER SHOPPING AGAIN at QVC! Another customer bites the dust....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Could not have said it any better. Boy they have lost a significant income from my abscence alone. No I don't expect that it would matter a plug nickel to them. The wheels of customer comes first have fallen off their wagon. Really a shame. They are so overpricing themselves, no easy pay and the insults of the sizing. Makes one think, one would be a moron to buy from them ON THEIR TERMS. YUK.

Honored Contributor

This whole 'new customer count' must be the current rage among shopping channels... I've noticed Evine toois now telling us regularly how many new customers have shopped with them... Of course, Evine is sort of trying to reinvent itself, so it makes a little more sense... Either way, you have to wonder why any of them would think we care how many new customers are shopping with them... What earthly difference would it make to us...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

New customers are good. However retaining long time customers is the key to any company's success-----something QVC seems to have forgotten.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/12/2015 gardensla said:
On 3/11/2015 handygal said:
On 3/11/2015 Krita said:

Don't know if anyone has tried/done this, but if I have more than one item to return, I put everything into ONE package, using ONE return label. Have never been charged more than one return shipping amount by doing so. AND -- PS: I have returned items more than 30 days after receiving them and have never had such a return refused. S-h-h-h-h -- don't tell anybody.

Years ago l returned a leather jacket to what was then ShopNBC, a few days after their 30-day policy. A couple of weeks later, l received the same box back from them. They had sent me back the jacket! All because it was a few days late. Nit-picky and ridiculous! That's when they lost me as a customer.

QVC did this to me not long ago. I ordered something on wait list on September 19; the 20th was the day the extended holiday return window began. The item shipped about a month later. I returned it after Christmas figuring it was from the date of shipping, not the date of order which was after 9/20. They returned the item to me. I didn't bother to argue; perhaps I should have!

Yes you should have. That is awful and unbelievable of them. It should have been from the time the item shipped not from the time you ordered it. Hey, if order fulfillment were always more proximate in time to the date an order is placed it might be different, but it's not, so it's not! Regardless, it's one darned day and they should be fully ashamed of having done this. More and more there is less and less incentive to continue shopping here. I am incredulous about this...

I was so ticked that I knew I couldn't make an argument without going off on the CS rep, something I try hard not to do! I'm sure it was a computer, not a person who sent it back, but yes, not good customer service. At all.

QVC simply makes it easier and easier for me to shop elsewhere.

Yesterday I ordered a printer from Amazon (I have Prime) and it's being delivered TODAY. One day shipping; delivered on a holiday, no less. I ordered some clothing from ZARA last week and it was shipped for free with a free return label, and came within 4 days of order. I ordered a few Boots products from Walgreens and that too shipped for FREE and came within 48 hours of hitting send order. Nordstrom delivered my Bobbi Brown products, offered at 20& off as a price match against that brand's own sale, for FREE with a free return label. These came within 4 days of order.

QVC is on the wrong side of history these days when it comes to doing business and its competitors daily kick their tushie.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat