Trusted Contributor

David's book has free S&H Today - not when I ordered

[ Edited ]

When I placed the pre-order, back in August, there was $3.50 s&h. Today there is free shipping. I called customer service to cancel/reorder or get a credit for the shipping, but because it was ordered last August, they couldn't make any changes to the order. So, I asked for the credit and she said she couldn't do it because the order was too long ago.

That tells me that I will never order anything in advance (or at least that far in advance) again. It hasn't been shipped yet, since the books aren't even in, so there should be no reason that they couldn't cancel/reorder. Not happy. When I said that I didn't think they wanted to lose a very long-time customer over $3.50, she did agree to make a note to credit the shipping after it ships as a one time "favor." This was a bad move for QVC and David's many fans who ordered it when it first was announced. I can understand not refunding charges for orders that people already have, but no one has this book and the order has not been shipped, so they should be able to adjust it.

Honored Contributor

Re: David's book has free S&H Today - not when I ordered

@Lisa now in AZ That was very nice of them to credit you the shipping. That would satisfy me. Heart

But good point about not preordering in the future. Now that I have seen what happened to you, I will think twice about whether or not to preorder something I might want.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree here!  What is the point of a preorder if a better deal comes later?  Very disappointed in QVC on this one.   If it was up to David, I bet he would say....give everyone free shipping!  Oh well.....only $3.50 but it is the principle of it.   Next time I will not be so quick to order.

QVC Customer Care

@walker

I am sorry for your disappointment but I have refunded the S&H as member credits on your account. Member credits will appear when you go to the check out screens.

Beth QVC

QVC Customer Care

@Lisa now in AZ

I am sorry for your disappointment but I have refunded the S&H as member credits on your account. Member credits will appear when you go to the check out screens.

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC  Hi -- Somehow my post has disappeared.  Can you please tell me why.  I am having the same problem as everyone else and just wanted to express my opinion.  Can I get the same refund?  Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

@hellodali

I accidently deleted your post when I was replying to you, Sorry! I have refunded you the S&H as well and the member credits are sitting on your account now. They will appear when you go to the check out screens. 

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC-- that is very kind of you.  I really appreciate your going above and beyond.  Thank you so much! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Beth-QVC, I appreciate the credits given.  

Regular Contributor

@Beth-QVC I too pre-ordered this book back on August 5th, the first day it was for sale I believe. 

The deal at the time was that if order was paid with Qcard, the cost of shipping would be credited back to the Qcard once the order shipped.

Is this offer still going to be honored?

Thanks for any info you can provide/confirm on this pre-order.