Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Oh wow! Earthshaking!

To think this is even mentionable by David. So weird. I think I am in the twilight zone.

sorry, I just am really amazed that he would think this matters at all.

And I like David!

Though I have seen many posts of why don't they eat the food.

I guess we all are invested in many different things. Me too in things others probably don't care about either.

Ok enjoy David eating.

@on the bay  A lot of people who follow David on his Instagram and Facebook pages are the most ardent fans of him & his kitchen shows.  His weekly Coffee Talk Live videos can get over a thousand people interacting with him.  I have seen question after question bombarding him with "when can you eat again?'  For some, it's as if they too eat only when he eats. I think it's bizarre, but they are probably the same ones who buy whatever he presents in his shows. 

I think it was best he announce it.  I imagine even David is tired of getting asked that every single day for over a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Guess, maybe they will be squeezing , smushing the food less since they will be eating and talking with mouthfuls agian.  The tables have been full of  tons  of food  all the while homeless hungry children have to dig through garbage bins to eat. Wish they could donate food to a food shelter instead of showing it on air.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I agree it's bizarre that people care that much if a host eats on air. 

Honored Contributor

That sounds like the kind of announcement that should be up in lights on a Times Square billboard

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

HSN has already started.  They were eating Wolfgang's filet mignon on camera!  A chef was right next to the host preparing the food.

Shocking!  Let the hand wringing commence!

At the midnight showing, there was no chef preparing the food.  The host just ate the steaks that were in front of her. 

There's no pleasing everybody.  Either you hate watching them eat or you're complaining that their not eating.  Now, we're even complaining that David announces that they will be allowed to sample food on air.  

@IcegoddessWhat part of human nature are you so surprised at?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David's announcement

[ Edited ]

Poor David has been grilled so much about this.  He had to spill the beans.  The announcement really takes the cake, but they were in a pickle.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   you are funny!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

HSN has already started.  They were eating Wolfgang's filet mignon on camera!  A chef was right next to the host preparing the food.

At the midnight showing, there was no chef preparing the food.  The host just ate the steaks that were in front of her. 

There's no pleasing everybody.  Either you hate watching them eat or you're complaining that their not eating.  Now, we're even complaining that David announces that they will be allowed to sample food on air.  

No kidding. Maybe you ARE watching too much Q if this upsets you so.

Valued Contributor

Guess we'll have to endure the Happy Dance again.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@IcegoddessWhat part of human nature are you so surprised at?

@manny2 Did I say I was surprised?  Just an observation.