Esteemed Contributor

Today on Facebook, David posted that today marked 1 year since he started his health journey.  He posted the pics.  He said the pic on the left was taken after he met with his doctor and the one on the right is one year later.  Kudos to David.

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

Respected Contributor

good for David. Shows anyone can lose weight  if you want to.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Are you saying he no longer eats food items being sold? That might not thrill management or boost his sales. I'd think the "everything in moderation" approach might be better, with him taking a small bite and saying how good the product is. 

@AuntG wrote:

Are you saying he no longer eats food items being sold? That might not thrill management or boost his sales. I'd think the "everything in moderation" approach might be better, with him taking a small bite and saying how good the product is. 

Eating al! That junk from Gourmet Foods got him into the the problem of obesity and dangerous health issues. Its nothing but fat, suger, sodium and carbs.I wouldn't eat food like that if you gave it to me for free.

I don't think it was just eating the foods he presented that led to his weight gain. It becomes a lifestyle of over eating, and the lack of exercise.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Eating al! That junk from Gourmet Foods got him into the the problem of obesity and dangerous health issues. Its nothing but fat, suger, sodium and carbs.I wouldn't eat food like that if you gave it to me for free.

I don't think it was just eating the foods he presented that led to his weight gain. It becomes a lifestyle of over eating, and the lack of exercise.

You are correct Effie54.  David has stated that it was the overeating after work.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, David has always said how he stocked his freezer with almost everything from the Q. Especially mac&cheese. He said that he loved it while eating it, and after, he felt sluggish, stomach felt bad, and could hardly move around. 

After all of his involvements with food, cookbooks, calendars, merchandise, he not eating isn't going to fly. 

Davie now is just a reminder of "I don't need this."

Respected Contributor

David Venable QVC Facebook post

Dec. 13, 2022

Hey friends! Today marks my 29th Anniversary at QVC! Wow, what a journey it's been! Thank you for all the support through the years! It's been a pleasure sharing great fun, food, laughs and shopping with all of you! I am incredibly blessed to have this job!

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says "DAVID VC. David Venable"

Trusted Contributor
Enough of his weight loss! People lose weight every day. Glad he is taking better care of his health, but change the record!
Respected Contributor

Just my 2 cents as I realize moderation may not work for everyone.  Because surely if it did,  no one would have weight issues.  But in my case, I feel it works for me.  It definitely is a mind set, though. I do not deprive myself of anything, of course with the usual disclaimers of....as long as I have no allergies to it, not illegal or I have an adverse reaction to it.  

If I want and am craving a donut....I will have a donut.... a donut as in one....not a dozen.  Because "a bite" of something just doesn't cut it for me.  A donut will satisfy me & I can move on with my day instead of thinking about it & dreaming about it all day long.  I have it and move on.  Because having a carrot or celery stick or rice cake or what have you in lieu of what I am craving is not going to cut it.  

Same thing for something savory or salty.  Since I don't trust myself to have just a handful of potato chips, say, I will go ahead and buy the small lunch size serving bags.  That way I have an exact calorie count & I know when that little bag is finished I am through.  

Like I said it may not work for everyone but for me, it does.  I never have to go on a diet anymore nor do I have to deprive myself of any "forbidden" foods.  I can go eat out with others & not have to be the stick in the mud at parties.  Life is too short to not be able to enjoy ourselves at mealtime.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Contributor

Perfectly stated!  That's exactly how I feel.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB, you're lucky that works for you. And it does for many. 

I have a friend who can do that even with smoking. He gave up smoking, but he's able to smoke a cigarette once in a while w/o a problem of going back to it. 

Unfotunately, that doesn't work for me.  I wish it did!