Respected Contributor

Re: David's Health Journey

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@SloopJohnB, you're lucky that works for you. And it does for many. 

I have a friend who can do that even with smoking. He gave up smoking, but he's able to smoke a cigarette once in a while w/o a problem of going back to it. 

Unfotunately, that doesn't work for me.  I wish it did!

@febe1 Did you actually try?  You might surprise yourself!  For example....after you eat that one donut (or whatever).....wait a few minutes.....you might be surprised that you do in fact feel satisfied & you don't have to reach for another.  Like I admitted, it is something that you have to wrap your mind around, but definitely worth giving it a try or even try it again, if you have in the past.  What can you lose?  A few pounds?  LOL  Heart

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Contributor

I have watched ITKWD last Wednesday & Sunday and so it appears to me that Steve and Rosina are doing all the eating/test tasting the food while David stands by and watches except at times he will test very very small portions himself. But seems a little strange that everytime food needs to be taste tested they all come running out and act like they never had tasted food before. We love to watch ITKWD and enjoy him very much but and how wonderful he looks on his new health journey but this is really different now.  I think ITKWD shoud just do away with the food part and leave that up to all the other Food Show Segments/Gourmet Foods (which now is way too many) but then David's show can be more of Cooking Accessories, Temptations and New Kitchen Gadgets etc.  Just my thoughts!  

Respected Contributor

I agree about moderation; however while you have to lose a lot of weight you need more than moderation.

Honored Contributor

David's show is fine. It is one of the most popular. They won't be changing anything.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure his next cookbook will be healthy, low carb recipes.

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I have a friend who can do that even with smoking. He gave up smoking, but he's able to smoke a cigarette once in a while w/o a problem of going back to it. 

@febe1 Did you actually try?  You might surprise yourself!  For example....after you eat that one donut (or whatever).....wait a few minutes.....you might be surprised that you do in fact feel satisfied & you don't have to reach for another.  Like I admitted, it is something that you have to wrap your mind around, but definitely worth giving it a try or even try it again, if you have in the past.  What can you lose?  A few pounds?  LOL  Heart

All that sugar in the donut  raises the blood sugar and two hours later the blood sugar precipitously drops @SloopJohnB . Then the lowered blood sugar makes some people CRASH! The result is craving maybe another and another donut. Scientific fact.😳

Trusted Contributor

Fyi, msn.com & www.eonline.com both have articles online highlighting David's health journey.  Oh, & it looks like several other sites do also.  

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

All that sugar in the donut  raises the blood sugar and two hours later the blood sugar precipitously drops @SloopJohnB . Then the lowered blood sugar makes some people CRASH! The result is craving maybe another and another donut. Scientific fact.😳

Ok, I was using a donut as an example.....although I do partake of one when I feel like it.  I used it as an easy example to show how I will eat something I might be craving but just have one as opposed to the whole box in one sitting.  Which in my heyday, I had no problem doing, unfortunately.  

So as I said, obviously moderation is not for everyone, but for me, that is how I manage to keep my weight down yet still don't feel deprived of anything.  I don't like to label foods as good or bad.  So, of course, you do what works best for you.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Ok, I was using a donut as an example.....although I do partake of one when I feel like it.  I used it as an easy example to show how I will eat something I might be craving but just have one as opposed to the whole box in one sitting.  Which in my heyday, I had no problem doing, unfortunately.  

So as I said, obviously moderation is not for everyone, but for me, that is how I manage to keep my weight down yet still don't feel deprived of anything.  I don't like to label foods as good or bad.  So, of course, you do what works best for you.

Like I said, just to clarify "some" people crash. Not all and clearly you aren't one of them if you can eat just 1 donut @SloopJohnB . My issue is that telling people to practice moderation isn't working when 2/3 of Americans are either overweight or obese.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

Fyi, msn.com & www.eonline.com both have articles online highlighting David's health journey.  Oh, & it looks like several other sites do also.  

@colleena   Yes they do; MSN, E Online, Yahoo, are just a few that are promoting David's health journey from the streaming video QVC posted of David last week. 

Each article mentions QVC+/HSN+ Streaming Channel.  Great advertising QVC!