Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: David's Health Journey

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

David's journey is not for everyone. Low carb is not all roses for everyone. It is very restrictive and unless you have a lot of weight to lose, there are other ways where you don't have to give up so much that you enjoy. Moderation is key and moving! I am trying to lose 10 lbs. through smaller portions, exercise, and  cutting back on sugar which is my downfall and I know it! Trying to make better choices.  Everyone's journey is different. I wish David well and admire him for his sticking to it.  Must be very hard for someone who spent a lot of time on live tv known for yum yum faces and Dancing over the taste of food!

David lost 70 pounds and moderation did not work for him. 

I congratulate him on his quest for better health. I often saw criticisms of his weight on this forum, so hoping to see fewer of them.

Absolutely no job is worth necessitating eating foods that are unhealthy. Since David is a good salesman, I think he will continue to be successful at QVC.

Honored Contributor

David Venable's Health Journey – QVC+ and HSN+

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

David's journey is not for everyone. Low carb is not all roses for everyone. It is very restrictive and unless you have a lot of weight to lose, there are other ways where you don't have to give up so much that you enjoy. Moderation is key and moving! I am trying to lose 10 lbs. through smaller portions, exercise, and  cutting back on sugar which is my downfall and I know it! Trying to make better choices.  Everyone's journey is different. I wish David well and admire him for his sticking to it.  Must be very hard for someone who spent a lot of time on live tv known for yum yum faces and Dancing over the taste of food!

David lost 70 pounds and moderation did not work for him. 

I congratulate him on his quest for better health. I often saw criticisms of his weight on this forum, so hoping to see fewer of them.

Absolutely no job is worth necessitating eating foods that are unhealthy. Since David is a good salesman, I think he will continue to be successful at QVC.

If I could do moderation, I wouldn't be so fat.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Magicrat wrote:

febe1:  Your comment about the models was totally inappropriate.

Yes, it was it was inappropriate, and unnecessary. @Magicrat  It is a backhanded insult. It is none of her business what the models do or don’t do.

I’d say with that insensitive comment @febe1  you have enough work to do on yourself. 

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch David because I am not really into cooking or kitchen stuff.

But I have seen him several times recently selling food.  And each time, he made a comment like, "I don't eat that anymore."  Or, "Looks delicious, but I won't try it."

I would think comments like that WOULD affect sales.  If someone was considering buying that food item, they may think twice about it.  I know I would.  Unless it was a gift or the person ordering had zero weight issues, would you want to eat something that a person on a weight loss/health journey would not eat?

If he makes comments about his weight loss on all his shows, I think that is too much.  He is successful on his journey, so good for him.  That may make others who are struggling to do the same feel bad, frankly.

I think the whole issue should have been left to his own private video or whatever, so his fans could learn about it there.  He could have pretended to eat whatever instead of insulting the food vendor by not trying it.

Leah Williams did it the right way.  She lost weight.  She never talked about it on air, that I saw.  Other vendors noticed and said she looked great and she gracefully took the compliments.  Nobody else's business, really, about your weight.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

It does seem to be time for David to pass the food shows along to someone else so the shows can appear more genuine again and he can continue his health journey/goals.  He has really done so well losing a lot of weight for his health issues and probably would be better off not to be subjected to sampling unhealthy food in any amount at all.  I would agree as well that anytime I hear him say he will not try something I know that I immediately will not consider it (and my weight is ok but clearly the product being sold is probably not healthy for anyone to consume whether you have a weight issue or not).  It's really more about overall health than weight.

Esteemed Contributor

It's very difficult to do food shows, be around such good food, and lose and maintain weight. It's like an alcoholic working as a bartender.... 

I hope David is as successful as Leah has been. She has maintained her weight so well. So many lose it, and then gain it back. Leah looks wonderful; and so does David. David looks 20 years younger and strong and healthy. 

You know he feels so much better. Just imagine how difficult it was for him to carry around those 70 pounds daily.

Respected Contributor

@BlakeH wrote:

It does seem to be time for David to pass the food shows along to someone else so the shows can appear more genuine again and he can continue his health journey/goals.  He has really done so well losing a lot of weight for his health issues and probably would be better off not to be subjected to sampling unhealthy food in any amount at all.  I would agree as well that anytime I hear him say he will not try something I know that I immediately will not consider it (and my weight is ok but clearly the product being sold is probably not healthy for anyone to consume whether you have a weight issue or not).  It's really more about overall health than weight.

David leaving the food shows? Never gonna happen.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 

David said himself that moderation would not work for him.  When he decided to go low sugar and carb he hot all the things out of lthe house that he needed to avoid.  Good for him. Everyone's approach needs to be based on their own situation and what they are trying to acomplish.  Doing what he is doing would never work for me; I would lose then go right back.  I have seen so many friends lose, gain it back, lose, gain it back.  It's hard especially when you enjoy food, which I do.  So, I will cut back but not eliminate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@Trinity11 

David said himself that moderation would not work for him.  When he decided to go low sugar and carb he hot all the things out of lthe house that he needed to avoid.  Good for him. Everyone's approach needs to be based on their own situation and what they are trying to acomplish.  Doing what he is doing would never work for me; I would lose then go right back.  I have seen so many friends lose, gain it back, lose, gain it back.  It's hard especially when you enjoy food, which I do.  So, I will cut back but not eliminate.

Did you mean to address me @Catch71 ? I never said anything against the fact that moderation didn't work for him. In fact, I commiserate with David. Back in March of 2020, I stopped eating pizza, chips and sweets. All the power to those who find moderation works for them. It never did for me.