Respected Contributor

Re: David's Great Big Harvest Show

These social media and "urban dictionary" terms are very mean spirited and childish.....

Karen is a pejorative term for a woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

And here's some good old fashion words for people that like to use terms like "karen"--- MEAN, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS & JUVENILE! 

Never heard of the term "Karen" until recently. It must be a play on words. Not sure why the name Karen was selected of all thungs.  You have to love millienials with so much time on their hands. I happen to know several lovely women named Karen so I find the term insulting.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I am not a Halloween fan at all.  Even as a kid I hated it. I don't like scary looking things either.

@Pecky   you are not alone. I cant be the only one out there who turns off the lights and pretends not to be home on this day.   Children going to door to door for candy is insulting in a country where food is abundant. 

Really?  Children in US have been trick or treating for at least  since the turn of the century.  How is it insulting?  Further, food isn't abundant.  Many people go hungry.  Don't see the correlation at all.

If you don't care for Halloween just say that and leave it at that.

@Reever   I agree with @qbetzforreal .  I found your comment about Halloween very sad.  First of all, food is not abundant for many people.  Secondly, I never felt like I was "begging for candy" when I went trick or treating.  It was just a lot of fun for my Dad to take my friends and me trick-or-treating.  It really has nothing to do with kids not being able to get candy at home.

I realize you have a strong dislike for millenials, and maybe it's millenials who take their children trick-or-treating.  Just keep your light turned off, and they won't bother you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You could go to Dollar Tree and get similar items for only a $1.00.  If you are not so worried about quality, much cheaper than paying QVC's inflated prices.

Super Contributor

I wish they would make the prices less scary!

Trusted Contributor

I am going to disagree about food being  abundant. I live in southern Arizona and every year, carloads of families from Mexico come to go trick-or-treating. While I do love Halloween and decorating my house, I am not going to do it this year since that will just invite people to come to my door and I won't be opening it this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

These social media and "urban dictionary" terms are very mean spirited and childish.....

Karen is a pejorative term for a woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

And here's some good old fashion words for people that like to use terms like "karen"--- MEAN, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS & JUVENILE! 

Never heard of the term "Karen" until recently. It must be a play on words. Not sure why the name Karen was selected of all thungs.  You have to love millienials with so much time on their hands. I happen to know several lovely women named Karen so I find the term insulting.

@Reever 

....the Karen's I know are very kind and helpful people and even volunteer a lot of their time 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever 

....the Karen's I know are very kind and helpful people and even volunteer a lot of their time 

I also find it ridiculous that the name Karen has taken on this meaning.  I hope whoever started this realizes it may have hurt many women named Karen who are perfectly good and decent people.

Valued Contributor

He did a great job I don't think he meant any harm or to insult anyone