Esteemed Contributor

Re: David's Great Big Harvest Show

@StopTalking  David has always preferred the mild form of Halloween decor. And he CONSTANTLY mentions social distancing in all of this shows (probably due to QVC requirements). I never decorate for Halloween, but I do decorate for Fall. However, I really hope the little Halloweeners come around this year. I love welcoming them and commenting on their costumes! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another reason David prefers a milder version of Halloween is he often mentions how much the kids in his neighborhood like his Christmas decorations, so he shows  consideration for the young kids in his neighborhood when he decorates for Halloween and doesnt want to scare them...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, that was the quickest "self reveal" we've seen on these boards in a very long time. 

Although I have noticed a big increase lately in threads where a newer poster will comment, and then have 3 or 4 immediate responses agreeing with them, all also from newer posters

I guess with the pandemic we just have a whole slew of new members that all post/join at the same time. 

It's entirely possible.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I am not a Halloween fan at all.  Even as a kid I hated it. I don't like scary looking things either.

@Pecky   you are not alone. I cant be the only one out there who turns off the lights and pretends not to be home on this day.   Children going to door to door for candy is insulting in a country where food is abundant. 

Really?  Children in US have been trick or treating for at least  since the turn of the century.  How is it insulting?  Further, food isn't abundant.  Many people go hungry.  Don't see the correlation at all.

If you don't care for Halloween just say that and leave it at that.

Super Contributor

Hi StopTalking, I know this probably sounds stupid, but what is a karen only mean?  I don't do facebook.  Is it something from that?  Just wondering what it means.  I haven't heard that expression yet.  There are so many new expressions, I don't relly keep up.  I was just told what a snowflake was.  So childish.

Trusted Contributor

Stop Talking,   NOBODY  is Pandering, we are in a very dangerous Pandemic.  Social Distancing is going to be around for a long time and in my opinion is long over due.

David has NEVER liked scary faces on halloween things and quite frankly I agree with him.  If you ever watched his halloween shows before you would know this.  

This "New Normal" a phrase I have come to hate but it is what it is, and is here to stay. 

If everyone would have followed the advice of the professionals from the beginning, I have to think we would be in a lot better shape as a country and as a planet than we are in now.

I think David is doing a Fabulous job.

Super Contributor

MissPepsi, I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fingerlakesny wrote:

Hi StopTalking, I know this probably sounds stupid, but what is a karen only mean?  I don't do facebook.  Is it something from that?  Just wondering what it means.  I haven't heard that expression yet.  There are so many new expressions, I don't relly keep up.  I was just told what a snowflake was.  So childish.

@fingerlakesny 

These social media and "urban dictionary" terms are very mean spirited and childish.....

Karen is a pejorative term for a woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

And here's some good old fashion words for people that like to use terms like "karen"--- MEAN, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS & JUVENILE! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

The "professionals" told us not to wear masks.